Dragon 1/35 sd.kfz.184 Ferdinand

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Joining the party Si!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Move up Paul, I've left all firesticks at home so everyone's safe .
Carry on Si. Any chance of a gluten free cake please ?

Magneto

Oberleutnant
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I’ll be watching along for some inspiration! I have the Amusing hobby Ferdi in my stash with full interior so will see if I can pick up some tips!:nerd:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just caught up Si. Looking good. Pretty sure I have the Elephant version of this one in the stash. I had a good look at the preserved one when it came over to Bovvy. It was actually a bit smaller than I expected….. between the Tiger I and Tiger II in size. Dwarfed a bit by the hunting tiger though. I have some reference books if you need info, so if you do, just shout…..I read somewhere that it apparently had the highest kill to loss ratio of any German AFV and that the last couple were destroyed in the battle for Berlin.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Looking good so far Si ,didn't realise there were two diffrent ones of these thought ferdinand and elephant were one and the same ,made me go back and see what the little zvezda one was I built ,its a ferdinand ,must be why I never put any zimmerit on it yeh hell as like ,you know me Si half the time its attractive box art makes me part with the dosh dont care if its the most inaccurate thing there is it is what it says on the box good enough. Keep it comming looking forward to the top half. Dave

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Blimey its great to have a full house….hope it doesn’t go pear shaped! ;)

Thanks for the encouragement so far gentlemen :smiling4: :thumb2:

Move up Paul, I've left all firesticks at home so everyone's safe .
Carry on Si. Any chance of a gluten free cake please ?
Got given over 5 kilos of cooking apples so a cake is not a problem…..but you can only have some crumbs as it’s not gluten free :sad:

Just caught up Si. Looking good. Pretty sure I have the Elephant version of this one in the stash. I had a good look at the preserved one when it came over to Bovvy. It was actually a bit smaller than I expected….. between the Tiger I and Tiger II in size. Dwarfed a bit by the hunting tiger though. I have some reference books if you need info, so if you do, just shout…..I read somewhere that it apparently had the highest kill to loss ratio of any German AFV and that the last couple were destroyed in the battle for Berlin.
Thanks for the offer of references Tim...might take you up on it. The ferdinand at Bovvy was on loan from the states so I didn’t get to see it when I went earlier this month.

Looking good so far Si ,didn't realise there were two diffrent ones of these thought ferdinand and elephant were one and the same ,made me go back and see what the little zvezda one was I built ,its a ferdinand ,must be why I never put any zimmerit on it yeh hell as like ,you know me Si half the time its attractive box art makes me part with the dosh dont care if its the most inaccurate thing there is it is what it says on the box good enough. Keep it comming looking forward to the top half. Dave

I built the Zvezda one too, which was entirely your fault, because I saw yours! I blame the box art too….it’s how they lure us in….at least that’s what I tell the Mrs :smiling5:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks like Apple Dorset cake (as my daughter used to call it). Yummy……Ferdinand is looking good as well…..

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Bit more custard on mine please Si,(like my desserts swamped in the stuff :smiling3: ) ..
... Oh, and the model looks good too mate :thumb2:
I agree on the custard but it seems the Mrs fancied a bowl of custard on its own for lunch so I got the leftovers :sad:

Managed a bit more time at the bench adding all the bits to the casement such as hatches and handles.

Dragon gives you the option to model the hatches open or closed and I reckon with a bit of care you could have them moveable . The part count is quite high but not unpleasant to assemble .

IMG_1438.jpegIMG_1437.jpeg

starting to look like a Ferdinand now :smiling4:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Right up to the last few bits now. The Aber barrel and muzzle break went on as did the pistol ports complete with plugs on chains a travel lock and other bits and bobs…..

Just a tool box, tow cable cables and of course the tracks to make. I’ll scan through the destruction one last time to make sure I’ve not missed anything then crack on with the tracks…

IMG_1461.jpegIMG_1460.jpegIMG_1459.jpegIMG_1458.jpeg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's coming on very nicely indeed Si.

No mistaking what it is. I think I made a Ferdinand/Elegant in my youf! 1/72 of course!!

ATB.

Andrew

Magneto

Oberleutnant
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
looking good! Not sure if tool box was moved around the back on some Ferdis. Are you going to use kit tracks?

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
That's coming on very nicely indeed Si.

No mistaking what it is. I think I made a Ferdinand/Elegant in my youf! 1/72 of course!!

ATB.

Andrew
Cheers Andrew, nearly there now and looking forward to paint.

looking good! Not sure if tool box was moved around the back on some Ferdis. Are you going to use kit tracks?
Thanks Paul, I think you might be right on the tool box positioning …..pretty sure I’ve seen them on the back in a reference picture somewhere :thinking:
The kit comes with magic tracks so will be using them :thumb2:

Si,
Looking good mate.
Cheers Scottie :smiling4:

What a beast :cool:!!
Looking excellent there Si :thumb2:
Me or the ferdinand :smiling5:

Cheers mate :thumb2: