FAMO & Sd.Ah.116

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi John

The Famo is on my 'must build' list of kits. With the trailer in tow this is going tot be a big model!

Best of luck with it I'll try to keep up with the progress.

All the best

Paul

J

John Huggins

Thank's Paul,

I will try to get some of the extra's for the Famo befor i start the build I have the Tank Recovery set by Tamiya & i have found other sites whitch sell add-on's for the Famo but they say it's for Trumpter/Dragon kits & i dont know if it will fit the TAMIYA kit's.

Any suggestion's.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is one on my list to, I have a bit of a thing for tank transports. I will be watching this with interest.Ian M.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Always fancied one myself as well but never found one at a price I could afford (when I had some money that is!). Looking forward to seeing this one built.

Gern

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi John

Extras for the Famo...

My first thought would be fuel cans/drums and tools. Tamiya (and a couple of other manufacturers) do a set of jerry cans and drums. Eduard or Aber (can't remember which) do a set of tools and tool box.

If the extras you've seen are canvases for Famo - these can be made from 2 parts putty rolled thin.

But aren't you going to put something on the trailer - Tank, Assault Gun, crashed aircraft fuselage?

Anyway, looks like you're going to be busy over the coming weeks/months!

All the best

Paul

T

tommy1drop

Hi John

Really want one of these myself, looking forward to seeing how you do this one mate.

Tom

J

John Huggins

\ said:
Hi JohnExtras for the Famo...

My first thought would be fuel cans/drums and tools. Tamiya (and a couple of other manufacturers) do a set of jerry cans and drums. Eduard or Aber (can't remember which) do a set of tools and tool box.

If the extras you've seen are canvases for Famo - these can be made from 2 parts putty rolled thin.

But aren't you going to put something on the trailer - Tank, Assault Gun, crashed aircraft fuselage?

Anyway, looks like you're going to be busy over the coming weeks/months!

All the best

Paul
Thanks paul'

i was thinking more on the lines of better detale for the FAMO as i have oil drums & jerry cans, as for the canvas i have got some old wing covering left over from a 4' foot R/C Mozzy i built some years ago thought i might try that.

This is what is going on the trailer.

View attachment 30875

Hope u like

Regards John

View attachment 35977

P1020051.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Eduard set 35383 On site at a discounted price of $12.95 but shop around, postage is a bit high from them....ask me how I know :confused:

If you built that in an hour, I have a question: What are you going to do in the weekend, 'cause this will be done by then!!! lol

Ian M

J

John Huggins

Well it might take me an hour just to do the tracks (47 links per track + 2 parts per link = 188 parts) yep about an hour, lol

L

Lancasterb1

Hi John, As far as extras go have a loook at my Fano build on the trucks in this forum, I used jerry cans, oil drums, as well as boxes and cardboard ration boxes. You can also if you want to spend a little extra purchase some 1/35 Fruil model metal tracks for the Famo. I do not know if Jon stocks them in his shop but you can certainly find most if not all at Panther Models Panther Models Online Store - 1/35 Military Modelling - Military Model Kits

Hope it helps

Andy

J

John Huggins

Thanks Andy,

Had a look but all i could find was the tracks for a 7/8 ton halftrack & i dont know if they would fit.