FAMO & Sd.Ah.116

L

Lancasterb1

Hi John

I built the Famo and placed it on the trucks part of the forum. I used all sorts on the back such as oli drums,jerry cans, ration boxes, buckets etc, They certainly filled the back up. Have a look at least it will give you an idea of what can be placed in the cargo bay. The title of the thread if North African Famo, or something like that...............

Andy

Found it here is the link

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/trucks/11567-north-african-famo.html

J

John Huggins

Thanks Andy for the info.

Nice FAMO by the way, i have made one or two boxes to go in the back along with oil drums & jerry cans.

Made the boxes out of bit's of wood left over from a wooden boat, just need to wether them & put some lables on.

View attachment 32158

This is what i am trying to do with the cab but i cant see clearly how the frame gose,any help would be nice.

View attachment 37078

View attachment 37093

P1020583.JPG

ResizeofDSCF6253.jpg

Last edited:
L

Lancasterb1

Looking good John, like the boxes and drums that you have placed in there. As far as I can see the cover for the cab, thinking back to the build I did, ran at a level right the way through, Try using Tissue paper if the netting does not sit right, that once the PVA glue gets into it can be pressed and moulded to how you want it. Failing that Miliput rolled out on a ceramic tile with talc can be stretched to a very thin piece and can then be placed and moulded to the shape you want. Once you have the required shape then let the air do the rest and it should look quite authentic when it is weathered and painted, or should I say painted and weathered?

Andy

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Why have I missed this build spent a while going through your pictures John you have done one quality job on this rather large build and the level of detail is quality so much to build but you've put the time into making it look brill

I will keep up with you now John I've always wanted to build a large famo dio and now ive seen yours I want to do one even more keep it up

John

J

John Huggins

Thank's John for ur kind words, this build seems to go on & on, i just finish a bit then see a pic on the net of a mod and think i could do that & start all over again.

I seem to be making it ass about tit, should have done my resurch first then the build.

I dont have a stash of models, if i got it i build it.

Thaks again John i will try to do this kit justice.

View attachment 32437View attachment 32438View attachment 32439View attachment 32440

Just one or two things to do to this one, will try to make my own canopy.

View attachment 37288

View attachment 37289

View attachment 37290

View attachment 37291

P1020607.jpg

P1020608.jpg

P1020609.jpg

P1020610.jpg

Last edited:
First Name
Andy
Hi John,

Many thanks for sharing this build with us, looks amazing...

May I as, did the netting come with this kit, if not, could I ask where I could get one please....

Kind regards...

Andy...

First Name
Andy
Hi John,

Many thanks for the info, I shall have a search for them, also looking forward to following the rest of this build...

Kind regards...

Andy...

J

John Huggins

Well it's been a very long time since i started this thing & then put it to one side for a rest untill my building skills got better.

Well it's about time i finished it as i think my painting skills have inproved a little, as you will see i have made one or two changes to the famo like removing the canopy as this will interfear with the figures in the back.

I have had to make the driver & paint him so i can complet the cab, i have some 15 figures to make & paint and im not looking forward to that.

View attachment 39096View attachment 39097View attachment 39098View attachment 39099View attachment 39100

John.

View attachment 43064

View attachment 43065

View attachment 43066

View attachment 43067

View attachment 43068

P1030335.jpg

P1030336.jpg

P1030337.jpg

P1030334.jpg

P1030338.jpg