FAMO & Sd.Ah.116

A

Andy C

Canvas

Hi JohnLooking good so far.I am making the 1/72 version at the moment so will not be as detailed.I use a sticky back tape for canvas roofs if your idea does not work give me a shout I am also in Plymouth. 263110.Andy C

Last edited:

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Nice work on the engine, looks like all the plumbing is there John but have you had it started yet though lol.

Have fun, John

N

noble

Hi John this is looking real nice, must admit i've always wanted one myself. My first kit when i started back modelling a few years ago my first kit was the famo on it's own and recently i've been thinkink of re vamping it.

scott

J

John Huggins

\ said:
Nice work on the engine, looks like all the plumbing is there John but have you had it started yet though lol.Have fun, John
Thanks John for the comments,

Not started it yet got a flat bettery(ant it just my luck) lol.

John

T

treyzx10r

John nice clean paint work on the red and white banding,really great looking build going on!

P

Polux

Really that's big!!

Incredible job John! I am impresed!!

Regards

J

John Huggins

Had a good look at 1st bogie & im not happy with it, needs a little more work like air lines/brake pipe's then ill be happy (i hope).

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
LOoks pretty good to me.

As for being a bit overkill For the trailer it is fine but for the 88 the KfZ 7 might be a better bet.

The KfZ 9 used for tank recovery was not a match for dragging a Tiger, It was common to use two or three of them in a train to pull the big boys! Now that would be a diorama!!! lol.

Great work on that boggie set by the way.

Ian M

J

John Huggins

Thanks Ian,

I bought the Famo to go with the 88mm but when i put the two together it just looked a bit OTT, i am still building the trailor that came with the Famo & this will go with a dio on it's own,

or thinking about it i might even put the 88mm on the trailor ??.

Regards

John.