First Name
Si.
No probs mate, glad it maybe of use.

Si:smiling3:

D

dougie

D

dubster72

Nice blending of the roof scoop Dougie! Not sure Enzo would approve though!

I might be joining the car building fraternity if I win an eBay auction ;)

D

dougie

\ said:
Nice blending of the roof scoop Dougie! Not sure Enzo would approve though!
I might be joining the car building fraternity if I win an eBay auction ;)
What you hoping to get? I'm done buying for. Bit. Got most of the old ones I wanted.

As for the roof scoop, you would be right, I've gone for a kind of race car/ boy racer mash up. I was sceptical about it but I had it lying around and the car needed something more. I'm still touting with an aftermarket small spoiler

J

jono

\ said:
Getting there with the body and the discs are my first time messing about with alclad (calipers to be painted later). Also I drilled the discs.
A good sanding of the filler primer and a (please God) final white primer coat and that's the body done.

What do you guys think of my first scratch body kit? I know it's simplistic and the roof vent was an extra from my scoobie kit.

View media item 8355View media item 8356View media item 8359View media item 8357View media item 8358
A Great job on the Skirts & roof vent Doug, Well done :smiling3:

John.

D

dougie

\ said:
A Great job on the Skirts & roof vent Doug, Well done :smiling3:
John.
Cheers, I'm hoping the back wheels look ok in this as well. The vents on the skirts sit out a touch so I hope I don't need to widen the stance and flare the arches, I tried my best to avoid that by making the vents slim. I think on similar setups on the real thing the vents narrow to the back.

D

dubster72

\ said:
What you hoping to get? I'm done buying for. Bit. Got most of the old ones I wanted.
As for the roof scoop, you would be right, I've gone for a kind of race car/ boy racer mash up. I was sceptical about it but I had it lying around and the car needed something more. I'm still touting with an aftermarket small spoiler
It's a Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II R34.

Only coz I love driving it in Real Racing 3! Such a beast!

D

dougie

I bid on a blue one that finished yesterday but let it go for 9 quid. Was only looking for a steal. I love the look of those and will do one at some point

D

dougie

\ said:
Just seen and caught up on this one Dougie some great work it's looking very good
Cheers, it's fine for an eBay part build and hopefully I can get the body up to standard before I bite the bullet and paint it haha, patience is not my strongest point. There are still flash marks on some components but I'm not going to lose sleep if it looks good from a normal viewing distance haha

D

dougie

Two nights ago my Tamiya stand decided to part company with its base, it hasn't done that in ages. It did it mid paint so I'm a day behind! Car landed on its front in dust and on a rough surface on the wet paint. Extra sand and primer coat was needed.

There must have been £30 worth of paint used on this by now and mostly sanded off haha. Lessons learned as they say at work.

I am nearly happy enough to paint, the front vents aren't perfect but I cannot sand them better with the tools I have, one sand left to go but the primer seems to be too soft still.

View media item 8360View media item 8361

J

jono

\ said:
Two nights ago my Tamiya stand decided to part company with its base, it hasn't done that in ages. It did it mid paint so I'm a day behind! Car landed on its front in dust and on a rough surface on the wet paint. Extra sand and primer coat was needed.
There must have been £30 worth of paint used on this by now and mostly sanded off haha. Lessons learned as they say at work.

I am nearly happy enough to paint, the front vents aren't perfect but I cannot sand them better with the tools I have, one sand left to go but the primer seems to be too soft still.

View media item 8360View media item 8361
What colour is it going to be :smiling3: .

D

dougie

Red mate, I have Rosso Corsa (I think) from zero paints. I hope I have enough left though as I'm not to great at judging the airbrush settings at the moment and after disaster 1 there is only just over half left.

I think I will make sure I have everything prepped better this time and try to do a good job of 3-4 mist coats before a couple of wet coats.

J

jono

\ said:
Red mate, I have Rosso Corsa (I think) from zero paints. I hope I have enough left though as I'm not to great at judging the airbrush settings at the moment and after disaster 1 there is only just over half left.
I think I will make sure I have everything prepped better this time and try to do a good job of 3-4 mist coats before a couple of wet coats.
OK mate, I have zero paints A110 Renault Alpine Blue, for my Alpine, this is a Base coat paint that dries to a matt finish & then you clear coat with lacquer for the shine is it the same with yours?..

Im not that good with the airbrush either :rolleyes::rolleyes: just hope I get it right for this one LOL..

D

dougie

Exa

\ said:
OK mate, I have zero paints A110 Renault Alpine Blue, for my Alpine, this is a Base coat paint that dries to a matt finish & then you clear coat with lacquer for the shine is it the same with yours?..
Im not that good with the airbrush either :rolleyes::rolleyes: just hope I get it right for this one LOL..
Exactly the same mate. I've used their 1k clear over Tamiya mica blue and with Tamiya polish and cloths the finish is amazing. I hear you do need some good mist coats first, certainly you can see what happened with my acrylic base coat - the most coats were fine and that led me on to think the wet would be as well but yes acrylic under lacquer is a no no hahaha

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Awesome recovery!!:cool:

D

dougie

\ said:
Awesome recovery!!:cool:
Cheers, I've leaned quite a bit although this £10 eBay part build has now cost a fortune in paint and swear jar money :eek:

D

dougie

Ok, I thought stuff it, let's get some colour on this... It has gone on nicely but I need to get a volume tank for the compressor. Too much water hitting the model on occasion even with 2 regulator / filters.

There is a wee bit of sanding required I think, a couple of wee sanding marks from the primer fiasco and a couple of wee marks on the bonnet from a possible filler reaction that seemed to just happen this afternoon. Booger.

View media item 8362View media item 8363View media item 8364View media item 8365View media item 8366

Oh excuse the phone white balance. Like 4 options, none work

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
"Progressive resistance", I like to call it! ;)

Nice build up of the paint!! :smiling3: