Ferrari 360 Modena

D

dougie

\ said:
Let's see some pics of the carbon finish
Haha hopefully tomorrow? I'm in the middle of polishing it and have masking tape on those bits :sad: I'll prioritise for you :D

First Name
Marc
Dougie that looks lovely. The carbon parts look like they are really realistic against the high gloss of the body. They actually look like a propper race car like a time attack competitor.

D

dougie

\ said:
Beautiful paintwork mate! Gonna be a show stopper when it's done.
\ said:
Dougie that looks lovely. The carbon parts look like they are really realistic against the high gloss of the body. They actually look like a propper race car like a time attack competitor.
I need to get on with the inside again. Sorry most of this is all body work but I've learned another shed load on this body after my total cock up. I hope it helps others not make the same mistakes.

View media item 8406

First Name
Marc
\ said:
I need to get on with the inside again. Sorry most of this is all body work but I've learned another shed load on this body after my total cock up. I hope it helps others not make the same mistakes.
View media item 8406
It proves no matter how bad something can go, it can alway be rectified. You have shown me and many other modelers what the very essence of modeling is all about, it's about learning new techniques, understanding how to make the best of your model, taking enjoyment from the challenges you face and learning from it. And above all being patient with your abilities as you improve over time.

D

dougie

\ said:
It proves no matter how bad something can go, it can alway be rectified. You have shown me and many other modelers what the very essence of modeling is all about, it's about learning new techniques, understanding how to make the best of your model, taking enjoyment from the challenges you face and learning from it. And above all being patient with your abilities as you improve over time.
Thanks mate, nicest thing anyone has said to me in a while! I'm too young to be sentimental but that's made my day.

J

jono

\ said:
View media item 8406
That looks Awesome! mate, Congratulations on a Great paint job :cool::cool:

John.

D

dougie

First half descent update in a while!

Mixing paints and half way through the interior. This was a party built model from eBay, there are some Meeks and dodgy bits. I tidied some up but ultimately it's another learning build so I'm not kidding sleep over some of the bits that aren't so good. I have no decals for the dials either as they were put on badly from the last guy.

View media item 8515View media item 8514

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Thae bodywork is looking "Sweet" Dougie, well worth the hard work........... and some great work on the interior mate.

D

dougie

\ said:
Thae bodywork is looking "Sweet" Dougie, well worth the hard work........... and some great work on the interior mate.
Cheers, I was hoping to reply with a picture of the assembled cockpit but I got rushed out the door just as I glued it together.

Managed to forget to glue the accelerator pedal in but a bit of fiddling with 2 sets of tweezers and its in

D

dougie

Few further update pics, used the exhausts as they came (chromed), will have to touch up a couple of the spru gate marks but I want to make sure the wheels look better so I bleached the last of the chromed parts and will spray them with Alclad this weekend hopefully. I really want this done so when I get back from work at the end of the month I can get on to my BMW 3.5 CSL for the 1/16SIG, I'd like to think I can make a decent stab at that before the end of the year.

View media item 8519View media item 8518View media item 8520

First Name
Marc
Awesome work there dougie. Hey remember about the carbon fiber having wrinkles in it on real racing cars. The latest edition of tamiya model magazine has an article on up close, a real racing car and the imperfections inherent with them. Just thought I'd share this picture of a real carbon fiber part used in motor racing

View attachment 119340

20150912_171824.jpg

D

dougie

\ said:
Awesome work there dougie. Hey remember about the carbon fiber having wrinkles in it on real racing cars. The latest edition of tamiya model magazine has an article on up close, a real racing car and the imperfections inherent with them. Just thought I'd share this picture of a real carbon fiber part used in motor racing
Thanks bud, that pic is great. I should really subscribe to that... Is it worth it?

Couple more pics, I would almost have finished this but I have promised the other half a romantic dinner and I bought steak... This means the work table aka "dining table" must be cleared of all modelling, r/c car and mountain bike gear.

How annoying haha :eek:

View media item 8521View media item 8522

First Name
Marc
Hahahha. Yeah I got my aniversary coming up. Wife asked me what id like for aniversary present my reply was anything modeling related hahaha.

Yeah I'd say that it's worth subcribing to very helpful magazine.

D

dougie

Small update. I had a nightmare with the Windows, they have been in and out and due to the body problems earlier the Windows don't fill the frames perfectly so I have lined them up the best I can and I have started filling the gaps with microscale crystal clear.

Ignore the finger prints etc... They will be cleaned off later! There is also a tiny chip on the roof and damage to the repaired A-pillar where I have handled the body so much. All to be sorted over the next few days.

Cheers

View attachment 120640

IMAG0893.jpg

First Name
Marc
It's so annoying when stuff doesn't fit propperly you end up handling the model so much it gets ruined. I have learned that one of the most important aspect of modeling is to minimise the handling. Hooe you get it sorted

D

dougie

\ said:
It's so annoying when stuff doesn't fit propperly you end up handling the model so much it gets ruined. I have learned that one of the most important aspect of modeling is to minimise the handling. Hooe you get it sorted
Yeah I couldn't test fit the windows because they didn't have their frames to sit in, you can't hold 3 in place at once so I just went for it. What I should have done is put tape on the outside and place them on against the tape to position them then add glue. That way I would have seen that they needed a bit of skimming to sit in a reasonable position.

I am still learning so much , you wouldn't think you could keep learning so much but you do. I still expect to be learning in years to come but I don't think many can appreciate how many skills have to come together to do this shizzle.

Patience and common sense being paramount and I am lacking in both!