Geoffers Airfix 1/72 NakajimaB5N2 “Kate” (Club Edition)

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Excellent update Geoff :smiling3:
The kit looks really well detailed,hard to believe it's braille scale.... and all 3 aircrew provided, that's a refreshing change. ;)
Good, steady progress underway.
Great bit of info regarding the surrender scheme too,a very interesting read. :smiling3:
Top stuff mate!!
Cheers Andy :thumb2:
Looking good, and thanks for the explanation of the markings.
Pete
Thanks Pete :smiling4:
Every day is a school day. I learn something most days on here!
Glad you found it instructive Ian :smiling:
Nice start with the internals
Thank you Mick :thumb2:

Geoff.

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
More progress

The cockpit has been painted, I used Tamiya XF 71 cockpit green as Nakajima apparently used a colour very similar to this.
One dry the various kit transfers were added along with the KitsWorld seat belts.

Apart from a quick dab here and there with Tamiya Panel Liner to grubby it up a bit this is as far as I am going with the cockpit because disappointingly once buttoned up hardly anything can be seen :anguished:

IMG_2762.jpeg
IMG_2760.jpeg

The fuselage has been glued together and cemented into place and the various elevators and flaps have been added.

IMG_2764.jpeg
IMG_2765.jpeg

There is optional parts for dropped flaps but I’m trying to keep it as close to the reference picture I found hence the raised versions.

A few of the seams will probably need a bit of a clean up then it will be more or less ready for primer.

Another update soon, thanks for looking :thumb2:

Geoff.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's coming on very nicely Geoff. These newer Airfix offerings really are the business.

And like the others thanks for the history lesson on the markings.

ATB.

Andrew

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
That's coming on very nicely Geoff. These newer Airfix offerings really are the business.

And like the others thanks for the history lesson on the markings.

ATB.

Andrew
Thank you Andrew :thumb2:

Yes Airfix have certainly upped their game now. Only disappointing thing about this kit is the fantastic cockpit which can hardly be seen :anguished:

Geoff.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent stuff. Yet another one here that had not heard of the surrender markings. The kit looks as good as most 1/48ths to be honest. Looking like it will be a fun trouble free build.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Still with you here Geoff! I fell a little behind and really like how this is coming along. Love the seatbelts Sir!!! I haven't even started my Peggy yet...

Prost
Allen

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Excellent stuff. Yet another one here that had not heard of the surrender markings. The kit looks as good as most 1/48ths to be honest. Looking like it will be a fun trouble free build.
Cheers Tim :thumb2:. Yes it’s a lovely little kit and is going together without any issues so far.

Looking good, coming along very nicely Geoff.
Thanks Ian :smiling4:

Still with you here Geoff! I fell a little behind and really like how this is coming along. Love the seatbelts Sir!!! I haven't even started my Peggy yet...

Prost
Allen
Thank you Allen, don’t worry you’ve got lots of time to catch up :thumb2:

Geoff.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Geoff, sorry if I confused ya pard....just some of my folksy humor comin' at ya! ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Interesting history to the markings, which like many I'd had never heard of.
Seat thank you , and coffee if on.