HO 80s/90s CSX, NS, & Conrail layout resurrection.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul.
Like those tailers that go on the rails ,see they are going to end the system , a great pity. So glad you are going to model it on your layout .

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
My layout uses spine cars of two types and flat cars w/hitches. One is trailers only & the other takes trailers and/or std. containers of 20' or 40'. Trailertrain where the trailers have rail wheels attached or use special rail trucks have been found unsatisfactory in most trials so I don't use them here.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Right got it, thanks for that Paul. Just find the US railways so interesting .love the use of those double ht wagons as well.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Yeah, the double stacks are impressive. You can imagine the effort it took to make all the routes conform to the new standard. I believe Europe is going through this now. They seem to have lots more tunnels than we do.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Paul I absolutely love this thread. over the holidays i visited a number of miniature train displays and I am always in awe of the layouts, buildings, trains etc. this brings back such great memories of the train layout that my grandfather built in his attic when I was a youngster. Keep up the great work

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks to Lee D. for helping out w/some containers & an intermodal forklift, saved me $100+ for a PiggyPacker. I used some legs from my container crane as he didn't need them for containers to upgrade my existing forklift.
New, needs mirrors, Mars light, driver & weathering yet.
100_4100.JPG
Modified, I think this will work.
100_4099.JPG

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good Paul, very busy and full. You've certainly put some time into this.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2: