How far do you go

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
In almost all of my builds and dios I strive for an emotional effect, super-hyper detailing is not my bag
but I do so admire those who practice it.
It's all about what makes one happy in this hobby.

Jim

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It's all about what makes one happy in this hobby.
IMHO, the best way to do that is to not hold yourself up to other people’s standards. Admire them for what they can achieve, sure, but don’t think yours isn’t good enough because it doesn’t measure up.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
IMHO, the best way to do that is to not hold yourself up to other people’s standards. Admire them for what they can achieve, sure, but don’t think yours isn’t good enough because it doesn’t measure up.
YEA Jakko you are spot on i just try to acheive the best i can on my builds but the main thing for me is to enjoy the build not to try an best anybody eles on what ever foreum im on
chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
The problem I used to have (still there sometimes to be honest) is not that I don’t meet standards set by others. It is that I don’t meet the standards set by myself that I think I should be able to achieve. That is where frustration comes from, which is demotivating. On the other hand though it also fuels the drive to improve......bit of a quandary that one....not helped by the fact that I have absolutely no patience whatever.
My self imposed solution is to get to a standard I’m happy with and live with it.