Jaguar E-TYPE.

J

John Huggins

View attachment 70225

Ok why two models i hear you say, well when i opend the box of the one i got for my birthday the chassie end was broken & as this was where the bonnet is hinged it would be hard tho fix.
So i contacted the supplyer on e-bay to see if he could replace the broken part, he tould me it would not be a prob and would send it out first thing, low & behold a compleat kit turned up two days later.

I will take my time on this one as i want a good paint finish, i have looked around to see if anyone dose photoeach for this kit but i cant find any.

View attachment 70226

View attachment 70227

View attachment 70228

View attachment 70229

View attachment 70230

View attachment 70231

View attachment 70232

This is after two hours of rubbing down to remove any lumps & bumps then a coat of primer/sanding primer/sanding, Oh just so we dont get confused im only building one kit.

Plenty more rubbing down & priming to do.

Iff any one knows of photo-ech for this kit it would be of much help.

John

P1050723.JPG

P1050711.JPG

P1050716.JPG

P1050717.JPG

P1050718.JPG

P1050720.JPG

P1050721.JPG

P1050722.JPG

Last edited:
C

CDW

Well if someone dropped the keys for a 1963 E-type 3.8 roadster through my letterbox I would be very happy for a long time ....

The E-type was and is THE best looking car by a long way in my opinion.

Will be watching this very closely John ..... Do your thing mate!!!

PS .. My name is colin, and I'm a jauguar-o-holic....

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'm watching as well John. With your skills you could turn the other one into the hurse in Harold & Muad ( spelling ) if you have seen the film

J

John Huggins

\ said:
I'm watching as well John. With your skills you could turn the other one into the hurse in Harold & Muad ( spelling ) if you have seen the film
Thanks lads for your kind comments (never seen Harold & Muad) but will look into it as i intend to custom the other kit.

John

PS MY name is John and i to am a Jauguar-o-holic.

P

Polux

Another 'Huggins' model is coming!! Fantastic, always a nice notice ;)

I look very closer how you paint it John. With my bike I have many problems for a nice and gloss colour. Want to learn!!!

Good luck!

Polux

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I'll be watching too john , like colin and yourself I love the E type ! I love the coupe most but its hard to find a kit of one (I did actually have the Monogram 1/8 scale kit when i was a kid , main birthday pressie , but never finished it and seem to remember it being very americanised - too wide radial tyres on the chrome wires for example and the steering wheel was on the wrong side! ) cheers tony

First Name
Andy
Hi John,

As the others, I too love the old E-Type's, it is such a shame we never saw many of them on TV, although saying that I nearly cried when they destroyed the two on the Italian Job...

A few years ago a friend had one in his garage for some restoration work, the rear axle was taken off and fully rebuilt and the engine had some work done to it aswell, I managed to take a couple of photos when he first got it on the lift, apparently it was a real pain with loads of little problems, one bit would be fixed only to reveal another etc...

Andy...

C

CDW

I had a little dribble on the corner of my mouth seeing that Andy :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

B

Bunkerbarge

Of all the cars ever produced I think the E-Type is the only one that I ever ever really drooled over. Prices now are silly so I will never own one but might just be tempted to hire one for a weekend.

As for the broken kit surely it can be repaired somehow? It might need a bit of creativity but when you consider that poly cement is as strong as the original plastic you should at least be able to recreate the original parts. Grafting some metal supports onto it would make it even stronger but I bet if you did a good photo you would get plenty of suggestions for a repair.

J

John Huggins

\ said:
Of all the cars ever produced I think the E-Type is the only one that I ever ever really drooled over. Prices now are silly so I will never own one but might just be tempted to hire one for a weekend.As for the broken kit surely it can be repaired somehow? It might need a bit of creativity but when you consider that poly cement is as strong as the original plastic you should at least be able to recreate the original parts. Grafting some metal supports onto it would make it even stronger but I bet if you did a good photo you would get plenty of suggestions for a repair.
Hi Richard, as you say it can be repaired & as i type it's done & looks as good as new.

John

B

Bunkerbarge

[quote="( maybe it's an old kit with worn moulds ).

John

.............or maybe it never fit correctly in the first place!!

You are doing it justice though, lovely job. Nice to see the internal structure of the car follows that of the original fairly well.