Jaguar E-TYPE.

B

Bunkerbarge

Just a thought, a final coat of Kleer, or something similar, over the transfers will seal in the transfers and give them the same gloss finish as the rest of the paintwork. Tamiya do a clear coat which is the same type of thing.

See what you think when the transfers are on.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
John , I'm curious , what decals are you putting on ? is it just the number plates? Personally i wouldnt polish it any more , it looks spot on now, cheers tony

J

John Huggins

Hi Tony, yes it's just the number plates & the Jag logo on the boot, as to polishing it more it's not been polished yet just buffed with 3M i won't polish it till the decals are on.

John

T

Thunderbird

Interesting build and it's looking great so far.

I am building the same kit myself atm, not sure how many hours I have spent sanding/filing but it should be worth it in the end.

J

John Huggins

Hi Daniel, this revell kit is a b****** to build nothing fits twisted parts & lots of sanding.

Good luck with your's.

John

T

Thunderbird

I know what you mean, if it wasn't for the fact that I love the Jaguar E-type I probably never would have bothered with a kit like this.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
First round of buffing done 3M seems to work well will buff the bonnet tomorrow to give the paint more time to set.View attachment 69991 View attachment 69992 View attachment 69993

Well till then have fun.

John
Fantastic finish with that paint work. This is probably the main reason why I don't do cars - getting a perfect blemish free finish isn't an issue with my type of aircraft.

J

John Huggins

\ said:
Hi John,May I ask, just what is the 3M thing you use please...

Many thanks...

Andy...
Hi Andy 3M is like T-Cut but very very fine, some model shops sell it, iff not your local car parts retaler may have it.

John

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That is just gorgeous John, mirror finish just sets off the lines of this sublime motor.

Si:smiling3:

J

John Huggins

Thanks for ur kind coment Colin, i know what u mean this is only my 3rd car & it's a lot of work to get some sort of decent finish.

John

T

Thunderbird

The hood looks great with the chrome, was it difficult to glue the chrome parts around the head lights?

J

John Huggins

Yep it was a right pain to do

Thanks 4 ur kind coment..

John

C

CDW

Is this 3M stuff actually make by 3M John?

If so I might just ''obtain'' some when I go down to Loughborough next time to see the kids, got a few mates that work at the three sites down there.

PS ... More importantly .... Nice bonnet!!

J

John Huggins

Sorry Colin had this 2lt bottel for some years & the lable came off some time ago, but thanks for you'r kind coment sorry cant help any more than that.

John

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
The bonnet with chrome does look superb John. Looks amazing to be honest.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Jason
That is a really nice paint job John, you're really making the most of this kit matey:smiling3:

The 3M product you're using, is it Finesse-It? I had some of this a few years ago and it was very good!

Jason