Jaguar E-TYPE.

J

John Huggins

Thanks for ur kind coment Jason, all i know is the bottle had 3M on it nothing else, i got it from a mate who customised crash helmits.

John

C

CDW

Ahhh helmet spraying.....was it a white label with a red 3M?... That'd more than likely be standard rubbing compound then, maybe the extra cut stuff.

Think its called 3M scratch remover now.

C

CDW

That looks like the old polishing compound bottle, maybe the glass polishing compound.

Hmmm I might just ask the lads to grab one of each available,

Thanks for taking the time to post stuff up John.

J

John Huggins

No prob Colin hear to help like all the others on here.

John

B

Bunkerbarge

It's not easy to get such a good gloss finish, especially on black. Lovely job on the body work, just be carefull you don't mark it putting the engine in. It can't be many cars that you fit the engine into so late in the build!

T

Thunderbird

I had some trouble fitting the engine, had to file down the transmission a bit.

J

John Huggins

Thanks lads for ur coments, the engine is built & seem to fit ok just need a little work on the exhaust outlet.

John.

P

Polux

I always think, do a car, seems to be difficult... as Richard said, one of the reasons is do a good gloss finish, isn't easy.

You have nailed John!!!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking real tasty now john! liking the gloves too, i nicked some of my missus' cotton gloves too (the ones meant for putting on when you put loads of hand cream on and then go to bed!) when i did the F117 to avoid greasy fingerprints on the matt black finish. Looking forward to seeing the engine go in , cheers tony