Oh dear it's a 1/72 Bristol Beveldere

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
HI Wabble this is very good modelerling on this belverde as ive lived nr
RAF COLTISHALL all my life an ive never seen one so keep up the good work an comin
chrisb
Thanks Chris, I'll try to get this done soon as my cave is available.

Cheers,
Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi, casting the sponsons turned out okay. I made three, one for spare just incase the putty didn't fill the tight spaces.
20231021_215937.jpg
Picture shows two castings with one still cooking in the mold, the master and one of the canisters. The method here is similar to cookie press and digging out the hardened putty.

Cheers,
Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Superb mate.
Agree. Superb modelling.
Thanks Scottie and Jim, not exactly accurate but I enjoyed making them. Without casting from a mold it was a challenge making both the canisters identical.
Now I'm only left with the little bibs and bobs like aerials, grab handles and stays for the rope winch at both the door stations.

Cheers,
Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Looking fantastic Richard.
Thank you Ian.
Blimey, making his own suppositories now!!!

Seriously though, excellent work, itching to see it completed now.
A little constipated in the building process I guess with all the stuff that's going around the house lately, Doug. :smiling6: Thanks.

Cheers,
Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Still struggling,
Preparing the components for the hoisting winch hook and arms.

20231030_132258.jpg
I'll be making two as there is another access hatch on the Port Side rear window.

I hope everyone hasn't fallen asleep. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Wabble

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Richard

Sorry for behind on this. Yet again simply outstanding work on all aspects of the build!

ATB.

Andrew

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Definitely not asleep, Richard. More like trying to figure out how many of your techniques I can translate to use on my Manx build.
John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ah, you guys are up...should be as its heading to noon your time soon.
Richard,
Could never fall asleep watching your builds, there is to much to learn.
Thanks Scottie, its a learning curve for everyone on this forum including myself.
Definitely still wide awake. Wouldn't want to miss such great modelling.
Yo Jim, good late morning. I'm so slow that you won't miss a thing.
Richard

Sorry for behind on this. Yet again simply outstanding work on all aspects of the build!

ATB.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, you're not behind...I'm always on first gear.
Asleep?

No, more like spellbound!
Eyes wide open eh Andy. No hochas pochas involved, just elbow grease and magnifying glasses.
Definitely not asleep, Richard. More like trying to figure out how many of your techniques I can translate to use on my Manx build.
John.
Hi John, glad to share the techniques...very old school. The eureka for me was when I found out any material can be applied to plastic with the right adhesive.

Cheers,
Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I've got a bit more done while I whittle away the hoist contraption.
I have attached the sponson...

20231030_173549.jpg
Chiseled out a square portion on the cannister which I presume is the catch to open it. It's on the end right hand side.
20231030_173719.jpg
Then there is the aerials with plastic strip and wire. I also reattached the original aerial to the top of the square extention...some pictures have them.
20231030_173604.jpg
That's it. I'll see if I can complete the hoisting winch tonight. It's not as elaborate as the UH34 winch I did the last time.

Cheers,
Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Them hoist winches and support arms have been fitted including the hooks where one is hooked onto the support.

20231101_013206.jpg20231101_013242.jpg
The winch needs to be reduced in size...I don't know what it looks like and just winging it. Blurred pictures seem to show just a hook. Don't know if there was a winch even.
Here's the latch on the suppository...
20231101_013323.jpgMore aerials to fit underneath including another light fixture. Resting my eyes for the tiny grab handles along the fuselage. Getting closer to painting now.

Cheers,
Wabble