P.K.A Ausf G Gustav

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That looks much better than the one on the cover of the book! 1/12 is too big for me - and it's too expensive - but thanks Polux.

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
You know this could almost represent the armoured suits worn by the Mobile Infantry from Bob Heinlein's Starship Troopers. Only almost mind 'cos it doesn't carry anywhere near enough weapons.Anyway, it looks real good.

Gern
Makes me think of the ones in Avatar...

It looks good Polux. Nice work on the paint.

Ian M

P

Polux

Thanks guys.

This morning I paint a matt varnish coat. This evening will start with the first washes.

Cheers Polux

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Makes me think of the ones in Avatar... Ian M
Amazing really. One guy gets a good idea and everybody follows suit! Starship Troopers, with details of how the suit has to work, was written way back in 1959. I've read lots of Sci-Fi going back to the 1930's and 40's and I see the plots of these stories crop up in Sci-Fi films and TV series with monotonous regularity. It's why I stopped watching them.

Sorry to interrupt your thread Polux.

Gern

P

Polux

\ said:
Sorry to interrupt your thread Polux.

Gern
Love the Sci-Fi comments!! So don't worry!!!

It's true Gern, you can see everywhere... :rolleyes:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work Polux just caught up on this

Are the fairy wings real butterfly wings ? they look so real

P

Polux

\ said:
Great work Polux just caught up on thisAre the fairy wings real butterfly wings ? they look so real
You nailed Ian.

Are real, you can found on the house garden or....in front of your car :sad:

I give them a little coat of gloss varnish, with brush. Was afraid to broke them with the airbrush.

Aren't glued yet, first I have to paint the fairy.

Thanks!

First Name
Andy
Hi Polux,

Great idea using the moth wings, why try to make them when there are plenty of real ones around...:cool:

I am glad you remembered the decals, I have seen a few of these without, whilst they still look great, you just know that something is missing...

Looking forward to seeing this weathered now, may I ask if this is going to have a pilot or will it be an empty suit...

Andy...

P

Polux

\ said:
Hi Polux,Looking forward to seeing this weathered now, may I ask if this is going to have a pilot or will it be an empty suit...

Andy...
Thanks Andy!

Not, will have the pilot.

The inside is so simply, so the suit needs the guy....and hate to paint "guys".... :smiling3: :smiling3: . In fact I started this evening with the first colour coat.

I start thinking the white colour isn't the best choice for an extreme weathering.... I will need to do it more subtle...

Cheers. Polux

P

Plastickitbasher

Polux

What fresh change, and that paint chipping looks really good. Will be watching this one with interest

P

Polux

Thanks David!

Build this little Sci-fi models is really fun ;)

Cheers

Polux

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's great work Polux! What happened to your little fairy? I was looking forward to a 'Beauty and the Beast' dio.

Gern

P

Polux

\ said:
That's great work Polux! What happened to your little fairy? I was looking forward to a 'Beauty and the Beast' dio.Gern
Ahhh.... The beauty and the beast... :rolleyes:

At the moment there isn't diorama Gern... :sad: if I be honest, I don't exactly what to do...

I have the falke (same scale), some figures, the egyptian dio, the fairy... I'm not sure what will do with all this :o

My first intention (time ago) was build a big diorama with the Gustav, the spaceship and the figures....

Give me time... :smiling3:

Cheers

Polux

Last edited:
Z

Ziper_it

Wow, another impressive creation from Polux.

Stunning weathering.

Just curious, can you show something about the fairy?

Francesco

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
love the weathering polux looks worn and used

P

Polux

\ said:
Just curious, can you show something about the fairy?
Sorry Francesco... :sad:

I don't made any thing more on the fairy, by the moment.

The figure is from the brand Mithril Miniatures (item#M205). They do this little white metal figures from the Lord of the Rings....in fact our fairy is Galadriel, maybe you know this feminine elf if you are a fan of Tolkien. :rolleyes:

As Ian (papa) comment, the wings are from a real butterfly.

Actually I'm trying to paint this figure with oils. :o

To be honest, I don't know what to do, for obtain a nice result at any kind of figure. Ufff...need to practice, but hate to paint them...so I have a problem :smiling3: :smiling3:

Will try to paint it just a few, let's see what happens.... If the fairy disappear, you will know the reason :smiling3: :smiling3:

Cheers

Polux