Panzerwerkstattzug (42)

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm going to attempt to model this unit including Group Fuhrer, Werkstatt, Werkstattgruppe fur Nach. Gerat, Bergestaffel 1, Waffenmeisterei, & Bergestaffel 2, elements' vehicles in 1/87 scale from various makers. The period will be 1944, so some substitutions will have been made to the TO&E. Not all are soft skins as there will be two Bergespanthers & a BergespzrIII. Because a lot of the models are in various states of completion I'll only blog the more complex builds. BTW, Minime Rick donated several of the hated resin to test my tolerance for pain. As I am modeling the unit I'll try to keep everything under this thread unless directed otherwise. No dio planned as yet due to model RR taking all the man cave space.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
How nice of him Paul ;) Very thoughtful.
Shall grab a seat or stand if the room is short of space .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I am looking forward to this one Paul......don't tidy that bench, it will take you twice as long to do the builds, I have that prob. every time I clean up and put things "away" :thinking:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Once again the dreaded RESIN monster has reared its ugly head!!! This is why I dislike, intensely (HATE) resin kits.....all I can say is I'm relieved to say it is your problem and not mine. There is no reason for any resin kit manufacturer to leave 3 tons of excess material attached to the most delicate part of the kit...........but that's what they do. A test to your skill level? I think not! It's B.S.........another Whiskey bartender!!

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not to worry Dzohn/Rick, I just put away the US stuff and cleared off the paint locker. Also, I think there is a missing sheet of instructions. There is no mention of the load bed or where it might attach. There is no mention of adhesive or where it might be applied. I'll figure it out, but some location pins/holes/tabs/slots would have been helpful. Luckily I have some ref. pics in my morgue and some dark chocolate covered cherries to help.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Quick question: is the title of this thread supposed to be “Panzerwerkstattzug (42)”? If so, it’s probably not too late to change it :smiling3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Edit the first post in the thread, if you still can, that will also let you change the title. If not, report your own post (with the “Report” link at the bottom of it) and explain how you would like a moderator to change the title :smiling3:

Reactions: JR

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Edit the first post in the thread, if you still can, that will also let you change the title. If not, report your own post (with the “Report” link at the bottom of it) and explain how you would like a moderator to change the title
Or just send me a PM. I'm normally never far from a PC.

Perfecto sir, thank you.
Your welcome

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Some progress pics. Parts cleanup & some paint on Anh116.
100_3084.JPG
Some plastic & resin assembly & reassembly, details & paint. ROCO MB4500, a couple commercial 3tonners from Rick being militarized, a MB 1.5 ton bus resin model & ambulance/bus conversion, also from Rick. As can be seen, not much of a tidy. C&Cs welcome.
100_3083.JPG