Panzerwerkstattzug (42)

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you gentlemen. The crews inside didn't come out in the photo as well as I'd hoped. When the final finishes are applied they will be done with position in mind as some sections were further forward than others.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm thinking of those photos taken in the Netherlands from a civilian's bedroom of a Werkstattzug in retreat through his village. Possible dio.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very nicely indeed. Great work.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks really good Paul, first time for a while since I've seen you with some gray paint :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just wonderful......a staff car, will there be a motorcycle as well? I just started a couple of Citroens along with others to build up my motor pool :thumb2:

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Rick, Preiser has some excellent ones but I only use Kettengrads as regular two wheeled MCs are useless in winter or in mud IMHO. Unfortunately I think I'm out of them. I just finished 'Panzer Ace', a memoir by Von Rosen where he mentions using Kettens to quickly get from here to there & how the Werkstattzug one ton halftrack was priceless to him as it was so reliable and could go most anywhere anytime and was especially effective in the Rasputitsa. I'm going to include one in place of the Kubel called for in the Bergestaffel. Right now I'm thinking all the MCs are off running errands.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Excellent Paul that sounds like a plausible reason to make the substitution......Think I've read that book.......nope just checked, I read 'Panzer Aces'......which ain't bad either. Question: What is the make of vehicle with the Camo paint that you posted a pic. of early in this thread?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice......hope to see some better pics.......just got 3 ea. Tatra T-111's off evilbay.......bought mainly for cabs hood and fenders will add my own load beds to bring them into line with WW2 photos in the archive.......yes they are very large and 6 wheel drive as well as independently sprung.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks guys.
Werkstatt section completed except for final finishes. Two 11 passenger buses substituted for 22 pass. & one hvy. genny for two light ones.
Rick, which ones?
100_3098.JPG
100_3097 (2).JPG
C&Cs encouraged.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Enjoying this very much Paul with every new post

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Paul, nice pics.......I have two Tatra T-111s from SDV one is a cement truck and the other is a fuel tanker. The third is a Hauler Resin kit that is superbly molded and is a dump truck.......got that one for $9.00 (only bidder) plus 4.75 shipping! The other two were almost double that but in the most wonderfully injected multi-colored styrene you'd ever want to see. Two outa three ain't bad! :thumb2: Rick H.