• me262A-1/U4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Hi guys,

As some of you are aware I have just started my first model since I was a child. It's been ok and very enjoyable in general (some parts I need to up my game, specifically canopy painting) mainly down to me asking for advice from you guys which has been invaluable, so I thank you for that.

As a result I though I'd run a poll for the next build, I'm torn between two but keep looking at one kit in particular so come on let's have it...

Cheers

Phil

View attachment 111216

image.jpg

J

jono

Im am in the middle of building the Eduard FW 190d-13 :mad: :mad: :mad:.

So im voting for the Harrier :smiling3: :smiling3:

John.

D

dubster72

I've gone for the 190 because those Eduard profipack kits are a serious challenge! ;)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Harrier gets my vote ......... Proper English Engineering type stuff.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
4 great looking kits the choice was very difficult but I went for the FW 190

P

Polux

My favorite is the 190!

But, if this one will be your first build in years....I think is better to start with an "easy" one...my vote is for harrier!

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
My favorite is the 190!
But, if this one will be your first build in years....I think is better to start with an "easy" one...my vote is for harrier!
This will be my second build, funny actually because I realise that some people have said that the eduard profipacks can be a bit tricky and sure the spitfire I'm finishing has had a lot of content but it's been ok in general. When I looked in the revell harrier box I thought blimey this one looks like it could be tricky!

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
This will be my second build, funny actually because I realise that some people have said that the eduard profipacks can be a bit tricky and sure the spitfire I'm finishing has had a lot of content but it's been ok in general. When I looked in the revell harrier box I thought blimey this one looks like it could be tricky!
Revell kits are generally pretty simple to put together, but the Eduard 190s are famed for their ill fitting parts if you make mistakes early on. However, personally, I would go for the dragon/cyber hobby 262. It fits together great, except for the engine nacelle's. You will need filler and dry fitting there

John

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
262 looks great to me i do like that one, ;)

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
Revell kits are generally pretty simple to put together, but the Eduard 190s are famed for their ill fitting parts if you make mistakes early on. However, personally, I would go for the dragon/cyber hobby 262. It fits together great, except for the engine nacelle's. You will need filler and dry fitting there
John
I take it you've done the 262 then John might have to pick your brains on that then

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
Remember the paintwork scheme as well... :P
In what way?

\ said:
John
I take it you've done the 262 then John might have to pick your brains on that then

First Name
Adrian
I went for the 262, you don't see enough of them built :smiling3: I loved the one I built, just don't do like I did and forget the nose weight :smiling3:

Adrian

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
I went for the 262, you don't see enough of them built :smiling3: I loved the one I built, just don't do like I did and forget the nose weight :smiling3:
Adrian
I heard they're a bit tail heavy, what's the best way to apply the weight Adrian?

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
I heard they're a bit tail heavy, what's the best way to apply the weight Adrian?
Any builds that I now do that require weight I add small fishing weights and PVA glue, there inexpensive and you can get them in sizes and weights to suit your needs. I'm sure other members will have ways they do theirs, its a case of using what works for you.

Adrian

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Is the 262 the hobby boss kit ?

If so it comes with a weight, the front wheel well is made of mettle :smiling3: