PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
Is the 262 the hobby boss kit ?
If so it comes with a weight, the front wheel well is made of mettle :smiling3:
\ said:
Any builds that I now do that require weight I add small fishing weights and PVA glue, there inexpensive and you can get them in sizes and weights to suit your needs. I'm sure other members will have ways they do theirs, its a case of using what works for you.
Adrian
It's the dragon kit Alan, haven't heard that it's the same as the hobbyboss hasn't got weights so doubt it.

I was thinking of using some kind of builders adhesive like gripfill for weight

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
It's the dragon kit Alan, haven't heard that it's the same as the hobbyboss hasn't got weights so doubt it.
Oh right , yeah you'll have to use some other weight or glue it to a display board :smiling3:

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
The paintwork on the German planes is more difficult! Almost is my opinion :P
Sorry, yeah I realise that, I thought you meant get people to vote on a scheme!

I am already thinking of ways to tackle that and quite relishing the challenge... I'll probably get caught out mind

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I use little bits of "Uranium 235" it's very dense, heavier than lead and it has the added advantage of having the nose of the plane glowing in the dark:D

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
I heard they're a bit tail heavy, what's the best way to apply the weight Adrian?
There is a very snug place to put them. For the dragon cyberhobby kits, you can pack the forward section in front of the cockpit full of lead. That will do the trick

john

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
I use little bits of "Uranium 235" it's very dense, heavier than lead and it has the added advantage of having the nose of the plane glowing in the dark:D
Erm last time I did that I went to hospital :smiling3:

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
Sorry, yeah I realise that, I thought you meant get people to vote on a scheme!
I am already thinking of ways to tackle that and quite relishing the challenge... I'll probably get caught out mind
I am buying an Iwata HP-CH hi line airbrush to do those extremely tricky schemes from 1945 of the special units. Seems to be good quality and an excellent airbrush apart from the expensive price. However, it is completely worth it.

John

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
I am buying an Iwata HP-CH hi line airbrush to do those extremely tricky schemes from 1945 of the special units. Seems to be good quality and an excellent airbrush apart from the expensive price. However, it is completely worth it.
John
I have only just purchased my h&s evo silverline and it performs well, I certainly won't be buying another one (especially if the missus has anything to do with it) and to be honest I reckon if you get the thinning right and the pressure with any decent airbrush you can do it. It's got to be practice and skill aswell hasn't it?

You know what they say a bad tradesman always blames his tools! So feel free to raise that back up when I muck up on my next RLM camo work

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
I have only just purchased my h&s evo silverline and it performs well, I certainly won't be buying another one (especially if the missus has anything to do with it) and to be honest I reckon if you get the thinning right and the pressure with any decent airbrush you can do it. It's got to be practice and skill aswell hasn't it?
You know what they say a bad tradesman always blames his tools! So feel free to raise that back up when I muck up on my next RLM camo work
The evolution is a good choice, but if you like the harders, I recommend the infinity. The iwata hi line HP Ch is the one which I now have and it is better, if not on par with the infinity

John

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
The hobbyboss has a weight. It fits very well and it does it's job

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
The evolution is a good choice, but if you like the harders, I recommend the infinity. The iwata hi line HP Ch is the one which I now have and it is better, if not on par with the infinity
John
Later on down the line then maybe john, I like the way the Harders completely strip down for cleaning. As I have only just started up and am buying bits and pieces here and there, if I bought another ab this soon my wife would probably think I was mad and possibly even divorce me!

Hold on a minute that's an idea... Where's Mr credit card!

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
Later on down the line then maybe john, I like the way the Harders completely strip down for cleaning. As I have only just started up and am buying bits and pieces here and there, if I bought another ab this soon my wife would probably think I was mad and possibly even divorce me!
Hold on a minute that's an idea... Where's Mr credit card!
I just bought the Tamiya Me 262 in 1:48 at the recent (currently running) australian model expo. It looks to be more accurate and better than the HB one. However, the HB one has the edge on variants. The Tamiya one is simply better in fit. It also has an integrated nose weight, gun bay and very detailed cockpit

John

First Name
Robert
Me 262 is fir me as well

I did this aircraft a while back ( I think it was an experimental version or a one off with 6 cannon instead of 4 in the nose me262/u4??

I never put enough ballast in the nose and at times she tips up on her butt

The mottle paintwork should be interesting on late 262s

Enjoy the build if it's the jet!!

Robert

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
I just bought the Tamiya Me 262 in 1:48 at the recent (currently running) australian model expo. It looks to be more accurate and better than the HB one. However, the HB one has the edge on variants. The Tamiya one is simply better in fit. It also has an integrated nose weight, gun bay and very detailed cockpit
John
\ said:
Me 262 is fir me as well
I did this aircraft a while back ( I think it was an experimental version or a one off with 6 cannon instead of 4 in the nose me262/u4??

Robert
Cheers guys for all the response, the dragon kit does look pretty decent, it came with canopy mask photo etch and little rubber wheels which look pretty cool.

There was only one colour scheme though in the instructions, is there a site or something for paint scheme references that anyone is aware of?

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
Me 262 is fir me as well

Robert
The U2 or U5 version I think. They were the 2 upgunned versions of the 262

John

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
Cheers guys for all the response, the dragon kit does look pretty decent, it came with canopy mask photo etch and little rubber wheels which look pretty cool.
There was only one colour scheme though in the instructions, is there a site or something for paint scheme references that anyone is aware of?
Wait a moment....Dragon ones only come with PE as extras (correction) also with rubber tyres. Maybe you are talking about the Trumpeter 1:32 Me 262A-1a. I have this one in the stash and iafter pulling it out, I confirmed that it has extensive PE, a full engine, clear engine covers, radio bay and rubber wheels (and metal undercarriage legs) but it definitely has no masks. Would be nice if it did. There is no 262 in 1:48 that has masks that I know of... Must be a real oddball

John

Last edited: