Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fw 190A-9

• me262A-1/U4

• Total voters
A

Airfix Modeller Freak

You're right. Only the dragon U4 does have rubber wheels. After a look around in my stash, I found it. Interesting because I discovered that some of the PE is pre painted. Would be a worth while build, despite it's fit isssues. However, build a 262 and you will be hooked. I first built dragon's first boxing, then the HB and now I have the Tamiya 262. BTW, the Dragon moulds are based on the trimaster ones, so you can trust that they should be good quality. However, Trimaster wasn't the best at fit, so watch out for that.

John

Last edited:

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
Wait a moment....Dragon ones only come with PE as extras (correction) also with rubber tyres. Maybe you are talking about the Trumpeter 1:32 Me 262A-1a. I have this one in the stash and iafter pulling it out, I confirmed that it has extensive PE, a full engine, clear engine covers, radio bay and rubber wheels (and metal undercarriage legs) but it definitely has no masks. Would be nice if it did. There is no 262 in 1:48 that has masks that I know of... Must be a real oddball
John
I purchased it from a lovely little shop I have found, if you look at the picture I posted, it looks as though someone bought some aftermarket masks and taped them to the front (what a touch). It's definitely a dragon mate, it says dragon all over it. I think you can have the engine covers open on this as well so should be a nice build

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
You're right. Only the dragon U4 does have rubber wheels. After a look around in my stash, I found it. Interesting because I discovered that some of the PE is pre painted. Would be a worth while build, despite it's fit isssues. However, build a 262 and you will be hooked. I first built dragon's first boxing, then the HB and now I have the Tamiya 262. BTW, the Dragon moulds are based on the trimaster ones, so you can trust that they should be good quality. However, Trimaster wasn't the best at fit, so watch out for that.
John
Cheers John it's the one I wanted to build to be honest and it looks like it's gonna smash the poll!

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Hi guys thanks for voting, the kit I secretly wanted to start next was the actual winner, me262 with 48% majority.

On hols in Turkey at the moment so hopefully will be finishing the spitfire this weekend on my return (if I can get hold of some klear), then on to the 262

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
Hi guys thanks for voting, the kit I secretly wanted to start next was the actual winner, me262 with 48% majority.
On hols in Turkey at the moment so hopefully will be finishing the spitfire this weekend on my return (if I can get hold of some klear), then on to the 262
Make sure you don't use the rubber wheels. Over time they corrode the plastic. I would recommend some 1/48 Me 262 Brassin Wheels from eduard. I bought these and they have excellent detail

John

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
Make sure you don't use the rubber wheels. Over time they corrode the plastic. I would recommend some 1/48 Me 262 Brassin Wheels from eduard. I bought these and they have excellent detail
John
That's interesting John thanks for the tip, what if the rubber wheels were sealed first with something?

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
That's interesting John thanks for the tip, what if the rubber wheels were sealed first with something?
Nope. It still eats through. Even if a heavy primer goes on, it still corrodes it. Anyway, the wheels are inaccurate, and would benefit from an AM replacement

John

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
\ said:
Nope. It still eats through. Even if a heavy primer goes on, it still corrodes it. Anyway, the wheels are inaccurate, and would benefit from an AM replacement
John
Cheers John will defiantly do that