Pink Panther SAS Land Rover.

First Name
Richard
Hi John,

nice build, love the details you put in there.

I think you nailed the base coat and I agree with polux, I think now is the moment to make your desert base, to bring the model and base together so you can start with the filters and the washes to integrate the model with the base.

Cheers Richi

J

John Huggins

Thanks Richi for the advice, it will be some time befor i start the base as i still have to make the air filter box, brake lines, battery box/battery + red & hoses, fuse box ect, ect.

Fun a.

John

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hi John, don't be too hard on yourself regarding the colour and texture. The 'Pinkies' you see at shows etc are normally re-done. Service vehicles are rough as hell, they are pitted and patched etc.

As said some sand washes, oil on the axles etc and it will turn into a totally different beastie. The work on the engine and grille are excellent and lift the look of the vehicle. Nice work.

Si:smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I think i have overdone it a bit, with a bit of sand wash it may look better ?View attachment 77478 View attachment 77479 View attachment 77480

Still got the rad & air filter to put in.

John
Have you used the flash on the camera/phone? If so the thing will highlight more than the moon on a clear night. In reality I bet it doesn't look that bad. I like it anyway, looks well used and battered, just how it should be.

P

Polux

Wow!! Looks really battered!! ;)

My vote is a very light Brown or sand wash. Once do it, maybe you can try a drybrush with a very thin "pink" colour. Think, maybe, the pinkie will acquer more "volume" again....but I'm not sure!!

Polux

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice work,John, coming together nicely ,look forward to seeing done,

i did see a pic off these beasties, and was going to post it but my pc, ate it some how,but that is spot on ,well done

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking super John, it is nice when the model and the dio base start to mesh and come together. Great stuff.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Totally agree with Polux, wonderful representation of the Pinkie and the dio setting sets it off wonderfully.