revell 1.32 Arado Ar 196A-3 seaplane dio

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Steve. Don't know whether you spotted this in Vaughan's thread of his build of this kit. Seems a bit pricey but it's an idea for a dio - sort of!

Arado Ar 196 Ship's Catapult review by Pete Mortlock (HPH 1/32)

Having just got hold of the 'plane myself, I'll be having a look around for ideas too. Don't know about this launcher 'cos it's expensive for me, even though it does look really good. You never know, I might find one cheap on ebay or at one of the shows.

Gern

W

wellsyman

hi gern yes i seen this on youtube well unboxing am thinking about getting this ...but if i dont wht can i do as a dio ? cheers steven

W

wellsyman

Hi can any one fine any pics off this plane next to a dock cheers steven

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
In a dock,if not strictly next to it.

On a slipway,a common way to launch seaplanes.

And finally docked. This was taken on Kos at a time when you probably wouldn't be taking your hols there! It's the only one I could find in the Bundearchiv. A nice composition with the tree and the barbed wire.

Cheers

Steve

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Stephen. Miniart do a kit showing part of an embankment with steps in 1/35. (You can find pictures here MiniArt: Plastic model kits, AFV, Historical miniatures & Figures, Building & Accessories ). Maybe you could do something with that?

Gern

W

wellsyman

hi germ been looking at miniart things they do some nice things and tht embankment not bad for 17.50 thank you for that cheers steven

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Stephen, back again!

I was looking at Stona's pictures and wondered if it might be possible to scratch build a beaching trolley which would enable you to create almost any sort of dio. Then I wondered if anyone made one as a kit so I checked on Google and found this:

1/32 Carriage for Arado Ar 196 (REV)

Gern

PS Just checking. You signed yourself off as 'Steven' on your last post, but you used 'Stephen' for your log-in. Which one do you want, or doesn't it matter?

PPS Just zoomed in on the instructions shown on that web page. Although I'd seriously struggle, I reckon anyone with good modelling skills could build one of those from scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wellsyman

hi gern dont mind which,thats a brilliant find do you think you could see if you can buy it in the uk from anywhere? cheers steven

W

wellsyman

and gern i dont think i could scratch build this am not tht good cheers steven

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Here's a bit of fun. Choppy sea and centre float,it all goes horribly wrong!

Anyone for a swim?

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
:laughing: That kind of gives a whole new meaning to "Bail Out!"

Ian M

W

wellsyman

lol yes it does ian .....for got to mention tht house it a german shed

cheers steven

W

wellsyman

only thing is on the german shed wen it is built is it going to be bigger then the double doors ???? cheers steven

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Steven. This is one site I've found:

AviationMegastore.com

Hannants also say they do one but I've only got one lifetime left an' I'm not using it up trying to find something on their website!

Gern

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Steve looks like you've got some great ideas going on here. Looking forward to your build.

Vaughan