revell 1.32 Arado Ar 196A-3 seaplane dio

W

wellsyman

Thank you but gern been giveing me the idea aswell cheers

W

wellsyman

Just been puting the kit together with tape to see how tall the back tail is and the kit come together really well not going to be barely any putty on the kit so am looking forward to the build which i will start tomorrow cheers steven

W

wellsyman

has any body got any ideas how i can use the shed in this dio the seaplane back tail is too big for the double doors ...cos i was going to have both wing folded back and on a trolley in the shed...... so back to the drawing board

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I would imagine that a boat house would of been a good base for a float plane. How about having the Ardo on the trolly on a slipway out side the house leading down to the lake... A Small boat pier with a couple of row boats.....

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That Unimog truck is way to modern for what you have in mind.

The Flak gun is a good idea as is the oil drums and jerry cans. The sandbags, if you have not brought them already, make them instead a lot cheaper.

Not sure about the MC team and the motor bike though. I would go for some maintenance crew, a couple of AA stations and some form of truck to pull the ardo up the ramp with.

Tamiya has a few that fit the bill.. En Krupp tow truck prehaps or a 4x2 cargo truck. A schwimmvagon would not be amiss by a lake either.....

Ian M

W

wellsyman

thanks for that only thing i have orded from hannants today is the flak gun and sandbags jerry and drums set am going to look up the tow truck and the schwimmwagen aswell i like the idea off the motor bike for some reason lol cheers steven

W

wellsyman

All the things for this diorama is 1.35 scale but the plane is 1.32 is it going to. Look right? Cheers steven

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I think that you will not be the first to put 1/32 aircraft together with 1/35 figures and cars.

It should be fine if you ask me.

Whilst one the subject, if you take say a 1/48 scale pilot from Tamiya and sit it next to a 1/48 scale figure from Airfix the difference is obvious and they are supposed to be the same scale. The same can be said of some aircraft kits.

I would go for it and see how it looked before every thing gets bolted down.

Ian M

W

wellsyman

Ian u said somethink about AA stations what do u mean cheers steven

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
Ian u said somethink about AA stations what do u mean cheers steven
Stephen pretty sure he means anti aircraft gun emplacements

W

wellsyman

does any one know if i can use Schimmwagen to tow my seaplane out ???? and i just hope that i can fit all this on cheers steven

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
AA stations. Yes I meant emplacements but it's easier to spell!!!

I dont think that the Schwimmvagen would have the tork to pull the Ardo on the flat let alone up a ramp. I could be wrong but I just cant see it.

25 horse power. 4wd only in first and reverse gears(in some models) and a total weight of 900kg........Then there is the problem that they did not have a tow hitch of any kind as that would of gotten in the way of the fold down propeller for water running.

Sorry.

Ian M