revell 1.32 heinkel he 111p-1 diorama

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That looks very nice.

I can't access my books at the moment (they're in Birmingham and I'm in Zurich!) but wondered what sort of scheme you had in mind. Many units,particularly in the first winter after Barbarossa,found themselves needing to tone down the green (RLM 70/71) upper surfaces of their aircraft. They usually did this by spraying blotches or squiggles over the camouflage with a white removeable distemper. There were no set schemes.

By the second winter a permanent white laquer was available and many aircraft were now given their winter camouflage at what we would call a Maintenance Unit. These were well applied coats of white completely overpainting any earlier scheme.Some blotchy or squiggly schemes were still applied at unit level.

Cheers

Steve

A

andyrobs

Hi Stephen, looking good mate, very impressive interior.

Cheers, Andrew

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Great Detail in the office Steven looking forward to seeing this build develop.

Vaughan

W

wellsyman

thanks for your comments and the camo am looking for is the blotche one if any one can find any pics that would be great cheers steven

T

tommy1drop

Great start Steven, looking forward to seeing more of this build.

Tom

D

dubster72

That looks a nice kit & you're doing a great job of it Steven. It's gonna be pretty big from the look of the cockpit in your hand!

Cheers

Patrick

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
On my HD I found this.

Or if you are feeling adventurous,this.

Cheers

Steve

P

pneupack

Looking good mate nice work so far, looking forward to this one would love to have a go at planes sometime.

Robert

W

wellsyman

thanks for the comments.. and yes Patrick its a big kit the wings are 70cm long .... and thats it stona thank you ..but do i have the right dacels ??????

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Steven this is looking really good. This going to be one big aircraft.

Vaughan

D

dubster72

That is a beast! I can hardly fit it on my screen! It's coming together well Steven.

Cheers

Patrick

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Your Really motoring with this one Steven all is looking good.

Vaughan