Rick's 1-87 Scale Luftwaffe Phanomen Granit 25H Ambulance

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Scottie......getting closer anyway. ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Now that's funny Andy.....I'm already using trifocals plus my 2.5 power visor! There's no more room to hang anything else on me noggin!!:tongue-out2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well I finally got the Louvercals on and they layed down great......the film between them all but disappeared when I hit 'em with the Micro Sol. should look the biz once I get this painted. Also got the roof rack steps scratched and in place on both sides. I forgot to mention in my last update that I located and installed a couple of grab handles on each side above the rear quarter windows....P1012723.JPGP1012722.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Ernie, getting closer to the finish line on this little beast......about half a dozen items left to address and it will be paint time. ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Tim and Mick, I'm hoping to finish up on this pretty soon. Still trying to locate some of the components I need to get it done. Gonna start final fitting the window glass, then I can hang the wipers and the side mirror/spotlight assembly, mud flaps, clearance markers and if I can find 'em.....some pioneer tools. Then comes the paint! :thumb2: ;) Glad you guys are liking it so far.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
At last , the end is near.........just have to locate the front and rear axels and this baby is ready for paint. First step will be to shoot all the interior and then it will be the outside after much masking and who knows what to keep the top coat from interfering with what's on the inside. Then clear coat then decals then flat coat then final assembly.........nightmare of a little beast is what it is! Here is where it's at presently.P1012724.JPGP1012725.JPGP1012727.JPGP1012726.JPG

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That's looking fabulous Rick.

Like you say, tricky to mask up though. Your earlier mention of stuffing foam inside is probably what I'd try.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Andy, I believe you are right about that.....I have just the small piece that will do the job, so gonna give it a try when the time comes. ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank You One and All!! I'm not sure when the paint will fly but I'll keep you posted as to progress Thanks again for all the support and kind remarks. :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi all, paint is now on and there is some touching up to do. I ended up masking off the interior as the sponge method wasn't cutting it,P1012730.JPGP1012733.JPG so it took longer than I expected......worth the wait though. after this dries good I'll hit it with some gloss and get the decals on. Still plenty to do, but getting closer.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I bet that was some fun to mask :surprised:

All that work on the details has definitely paid off now it's got a lick of paint on.