Rick's 1-87 Scale Luftwaffe Phanomen Granit 25H Ambulance

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Managed the decals, got some paint and a wash on the "luggage" even managed a little bleed through on the poor casualtie's head gear. Oh, I also did a little weathering to the roof rack boards and bats....came out ok, gonna have a bunch of stuff covering it so not much to see really. I inflicted a little paint wear on the grab handles and foot treads, might have to up my game.....looks a little underdone. P1012740.JPGP1012741.JPGP1012742.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks a bunch Ernie, Yeah I was relieved to see they turned out as well as they did. Glad you stopped by! ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looking awesome! Everything looks great, especially impressed with how the engine cowl louvers turned out :thumb2:
I use the now out of business Archer Transfers......don't know what I'm gonna do when I have used them all up.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Andy.......I wasn't sure what to do with it but thought it needed something to show a little wear and tear before covering it up. ;)

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ditto above. Look'in fine. Wouldn't go nuts on weather as almost only on roads. Maybe an axe under the drivers door and some none skid on the runn'in boards? Did you decide on spare tire?

Ernie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ernie
I use the now out of business Archer Transfers......don't know what I'm gonna do when I have used them all up.
Yep, I have a few sets of weld beads and rivets I picked up. Used to just get 'em as I needed them but when he announced he was closing I grabbed a few just to have on hand.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Paul, not going with too much weather and the spare tire is out and I don't have a suitable axe to put in place. I studied the running bds. in my refs. and I found no evidence of non skid, so left it off, might paint the top surface black though. I will be placing a Jerry can on the drivers running bd. :thumb2:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
when I have used them all up.
So you can get those louvers anymore? Wish I had know about those when I was make my masters for my 1/87 scale Resin cabs would have saved me a bunch of time

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cool. I remember my dad's 37 Chevy 'dually' had black ribbed rubber on the running boards, why I asked.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
So you can get those louvers anymore? Wish I had know about those when I was make my masters for my 1/87 scale Resin cabs would have saved me a bunch of time
You might find them on the sleeze bay but, yes Archer is out of business. Don't know if any one will pick up the tooling or product line......time will tell.