RNLI WAVENEY CLASS SCOUT 1:12 SCALE

S

Sky Raider

Well guys here is the next project. Having completed the IMARA I needed something to do and as luck would have it the next boat came in today. I know I spoke about the 7 Class with Ron but having enquired the kit is not available until March next year. I couldn't sit around that long I would be bouncing off the walls and so the decision was made to build this large scale fast craft for you all to enjoy.

As these crafts were well looked after and maintained I fear that weathering detail will be pretty much none existent on the boat so the build time should be considerably shorter than most but we will see.

Here is the kit out of the box for day 1. Hope you will all follow me through this journey as usual and all seats have your names on them to stop you fighting in the isles lol.

View attachment 69245

View attachment 69246

View attachment 69247

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 69248

Day 1 (1).JPG

Day 1 (2).JPG

Day 1 (3).JPG

Day 1 (4).JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Andy, I will take my seat and watch. :smiling3: Always a pleasure.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Pulls up chair sits next to Joe. Pass the popcorn.

Ian M

P

Polux

Wow! Another master piece on the way!!

Nice to follow your builds Andy!

Cheers

S

Sky Raider

Thanks guys glad to have you on-board as usual.

Cheers

Andy

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hi Andy, do you RC them? I had a Waveney RC boat that I sold, nice kit.

Si:smiling3:

S

Sky Raider

Yes Si all my kit builds are RC what scale was your boat?

Cheers

Andy

M

mobear

hey andy this looks good and did you get it posted to you from fife?well kirkcaldy anyway lol

mobear

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Yes Si all my kit builds are RC what scale was your boat?Cheers

Andy
Mine was a scratch built around 1/32-ish. Problem I had was it was a tad small for my dodgy hands to work inside so got shut.

Si:smiling3:

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
hey andy this looks good and did you get it posted to you from fife?well kirkcaldy anyway lolmobear
I got it from London way Mobear.

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Mine was a scratch built around 1/32-ish. Problem I had was it was a tad small for my dodgy hands to work inside so got shut.Si:smiling3:
I see Si, well that was a shame, perhaps this build might inspire you to have a go at another one.

S

Sky Raider

Day 2

The first job as always with most of these size kits is build the stand. As usual the stand doesn't come in the kit and you have to make one. Now - i'm not knocking this kit because I haven't started to build it as yet and I would be unfair to judge. However, from the off if you aren't any good with wood and you don't posses the carpentry tools to do this job you are stuck straight away. Luckily I do and I am and the fact that I had some timber left over from the summer house was a bonus.

Here is the process and finished apart from some paint. The plans are provided and were very accurate, I traced them folded the trace in half and traced the second half on the trace to provide a full section. I then cut it out of card to try it and make any adjustments necessary and then transferred to the ply. A forstener bit was used for the bottom of the slots and then the shapes were cut out with a jigsaw, I used a crab all adhesive to fit the parts together for added jointing strength.

View attachment 69445

View attachment 69446

View attachment 69447

View attachment 69448

View attachment 69449

Cheers

Andy

Day 2 1.JPG

Day 2 2.JPG

Day 2 3.JPG

Day 2 4.JPG

Day 2 5.JPG

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great choice Andy....My late dad scratch built the RNLI version of these out of a solid bit of timber, only about 18" long mind!

I've still got my joiners tools.....I just need to find the 2 stroke for my chain saw and I'll be over to give you a hand!!

I'm sitting right by the work bench for this...and I ain't budging...Sling us some popcorn chaps....

S

Sky Raider

Fantastic Ron, really glad you turned up, that's a nice little story about your dad making one and I hope this build brings back some beautiful memories for you, i'm chuffed that my choice has such fond memories of your past. I couldn't have made a better choice then Ron.

Cheers

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Day 3

The stand has had some paint on it and is looking good. That's got that out of the way and now we can crack on with some good stuff. The manual states that the hull is moulded in 3 separate parts and is put together afterwards. Therefore it does say that there will be some joints that need attention so I set to work on finishing these off.

View attachment 69471

View attachment 69472

View attachment 69473

View attachment 69474

View attachment 69475

View attachment 69476

View attachment 69477

View attachment 69478

View attachment 69479

View attachment 69480

View attachment 69481

Cheers

Andy

Day 3 1.JPG

Day 3 2.JPG

Day 3 3.JPG

Day 3 4.JPG

Day 3 5.JPG

Day 3 6.JPG

Day 3 7.JPG

Day 3 8.JPG

Day 3 9.JPG

Day 3 10.JPG

Day 3.JPG

C

CDW

Sorry I'm a bit late ... Been faffing with other stuff of the 4 wheels variety.

This looks to be another ''Andy special'' .... Can't wait, and as you say with the lack of weathering it should be a nice quick fix for us.

PS Can we swap seats... I think Joe's got toffee flavoured popcorn and Ian will scoff this lot if I can't move across :smiling3:

S

Sky Raider

Hi Colin, Sit yourself down and settle in, you got here eventually. You can swap if you like but don't make too much noise Ron is snoozing next to me lol

Cheers

Andy

C

CDW

Yup I can see him sitting there with scale bits of reinforced concrete in his hand

S

Sky Raider

Is that what it is, I did wonder what he was playing with haha

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I have no Idea what sort of vessel is but I'm intreged , I'm going to stick around for this , hey who's got the popcorn :smiling3: