RNLI WAVENEY CLASS SCOUT 1:12 SCALE

S

Sky Raider

Day 46

Then next job im dreading is the stern hand rails. There are angles to be taken into consideration and soldering to do also. Because of the heat these cant be made on the model so a jig has to be made.

The model radius is greater than the drawing radius so I made a template.

View attachment 73615

View attachment 73616

View attachment 73617

View attachment 73618

View attachment 73619

View attachment 73620

View attachment 73621

Didn't turn out to bad, be better with a coat or two of paint.

Cheers

Andy

Day 46 1.JPG

Day 46 2.JPG

Day 46 3.JPG

Day 46 4.JPG

Day 46 5.JPG

Day 46 6.JPG

Day 46 7.JPG

S

Sky Raider

Its slightly smaller than the Hunter and Imara I built recently mate. But on the scale size its bigger if you know what I mean.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Haven't seen this for a while and how it's come on......Really terrific stuff Andy.

Ron

P

Polux

Arrffff.....need to see the day 49 now!!!!

Addition maybe...? ;)

Cheers

Polux

S

Sky Raider

Day 49

Thanks guys. Well polux here it is. day 49. I have completed the anchor and are now able to carry on with the rest of the fittings. I have also made the rail for the top of the rear cabin. Also some pics of the tow cable I forgot to post.

View attachment 73748

View attachment 73749

View attachment 73750

View attachment 73757

View attachment 73758

View attachment 73759

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 73751

View attachment 73752

View attachment 73753

View attachment 73754

View attachment 73755

View attachment 73756

Day 49 (1).JPG

Day 49 (2).JPG

Day 49 (3).JPG

Day 49 (4).JPG

Day 49 (5).JPG

Day 49 (6).JPG

Day 49 (7).JPG

Day 49 (8).JPG

Day 49 (9).JPG

Day 49 (10).JPG

Day 49 (11).JPG

Day 49 (12).JPG

W

Willi262

I can already see the looks of awe and envy, once you finally take this thing out on the water...

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Steve. The RNLI Life Boats are a real big thing over here and these unsung hero's who save a lot of lives at sea aren't as well recognised as they should be, however, for those that do they are great enthusiasts and look over these models with great envy especially as you say the club members or spectators that love the whole model boat thing. There aren't many of these models in clubs as you need the skill to build them as well as the cost involved. Im sure im correct in saying that for anyone who owns any type of RNLI boat it is the pride of their collection. This will be mine.

Cheers

Andy

M

mobear

andy we can all see that this will be pride of place,just from the added extras and the extra mile you are going

mobear

W

Willi262

I'm Canadian by birth, but Scottish/Dutch-German by heritage.

In I've been told my family has a "castle" in Greenock, but it was never much to brag about. I checked today, there are no castles specifically, just large "chateaux". Probably the same in the Scott clan case.

To which we were also a family of shipbuilders. One of the oldest in the country. Responsible for such hulls as "Mayflower" and "Cutty Sark". But your work faaaaaar superior to anything I could do today, much to the chagrin of my ancestors, I'm sure. :smiling3:

(On a side note, we also include as forebears Sir Walter Scott -I assume where I get my wordsmithery and bad monetary skills from- and Margaret Scott, the latter was executed on sept 22, 1692 in salem mass. for being a witch. Crazy stuff.

S

Sky Raider

Some great history there Steve and some amazing stuff. Would be a fantastic conversation around any dinner table im sure.

Cheers

Andy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Awesomeness in 1/12 scale.

Great stuff Andy

Ian M