Ron's watercolour dabblings

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys. Chuffed you both approve. I didn't know foxes have those triangular black pupils until I tried to paint them.......

Thanks again.
Ron

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Spurred on by my good friend 453's excellent pen and ink offering, I found meself 'In the Mood' yesterday, so broke out the water colours.
Raining today, so with no garden duties, I managed to finish this painting a short time ago.....

View attachment 474326

Cheers.
Ron
I had one of those trotting around my front yard awhile back....really enjoyed watching him hunt in the snow. A beauty of a rendition 570 ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Brilliant 570 , you have the ability to produce wildlife well.
453 .

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks ever so much for all your very nice comments on me foxy.

What a lovely community we have here on S.M., where members can post up 'Things' which have precious little to do with model making, yet are well received by folks and no one moans and whinges about their inclusion....

........at least not publicly ;)

Thanks again.
Ron

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
None privately here either Ron. It’s the breadth and variety of discussions on this site that turn what could well be a relatively sterile geek fest into a true community where members look out for, and take an interest in, each other.

Panzerwrecker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Los
Lovely paintings Ron.

I live on the 'island' so will make a point of checking the next time we visit, if your painting in the Moelfre RNLI station still hangs ;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Tim and Los.

Los, we were 'Rescued' at the time of the old Lifeboat Station which housed the Tyne Class Lifeboat. It's in this building the picture was hung.
As you know, a new Station has since been built. This houses the Tamar Class boat which replaced the Tyne. I have not yet visited it to see if the painting I did for them as a thank you is still hanging around ( some pun) If it's not, I'll ask for it back! ;)

Ron

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A bit more 'Dabbling'

I trace the outline onto water colour paper and then gradually build up the colours

This image is part of a jigsaw, me and the present Mr's Ron are building. The actual puzzle picture shows a whole herd of elipompose. I chose this family group.
She really has one tusk!

P1360069 (2).JPG

...from a picture on the internet.

"One step closer, and you are my lunch!"
P1360097.JPG

I hope y'all approve.

Cheers.
Ron

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Wowsers. I can only say what the others have. That is a skill Ron. Have you shown any? An ex copper I know was a little like you, did it as a hobby. He's now a well respected local artist here and often has a gallery just full of his work. He has a couple hanging in the officers mess at Lulworth Army camp. (Depicting a major WW1 tank battle).

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What great comments boys. Thank you so much! :thumb2:

Doug. Show any!? Not my bag.....

I just quietly tootle along doing stuff for the fun I get out of the project. Like my models, these watercolours will probably end up in the same box as the bits of plastic....

Mind you, I get a terrific buzz when my friends on here write such nice comments about my work. That'll do me nicely.

Cheers.
Ron

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Doug. Show any!? Not my bag.....
As long as you enjoy them. On the other hand, think of others enjoying them too!! That is a quite a talent.
My mate wasn't interested in showing his. After all, it was just his way of passing time! Then he was at a mess dinner, (being ex army), when his old OC expressed an interest and actually commissioned him to do a painting of the battle of Cambrai. Then it all took off. A talented amateur?
Still - Really glad you posted them on here for us to enjoy.