Ron's watercolour dabblings

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Due to personal circumstances I'm confined to Barracks for a while, so of the late, and to keep me occupied when I'm not in the model making mood, I've got the water colour brushes out.....

Chaps, how about these 'proper' cats on yer' cushions?!

P1370477.JPG

P1370470.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful work Ron , being able to paint like this is a rare talent , one I wish I had . Im ok doing still life pencil drawings but to visualise something like this and get it on canvas ( or paper ) is a different ball game , fantastic stuff matey , ever fancied painting a spitfire or lanc Roy Cross style ?

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Due to personal circumstances I'm confined to Barracks for a while, so of the late, and to keep me occupied when I'm not in the model making mood, I've got the water colour brushes out.....

Chaps, how about these 'proper' cats on yer' cushions?!

View attachment 507388

View attachment 507389

Cheers.
Ron
Stunning Ron.My wife has been having watercolour painting lessons.She said oh my god brilliant.
Rich

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys. :thumb2:

Stunning Ron.My wife has been having watercolour painting lessons.She said oh my god brilliant.
Rich

Richard. pass on my thanks to your lady for such a nice observation.
Pass on this tip which might help her. Rather like this modelling lark, tell her not to overload herself with all the must have painting bits and pieces. Keep it simple and just enjoy putting paint to paper.

Here's my arsenal. A 2H and HB pencils, an India Rubber. Plus about 6 water colour only brushes
P1380649.JPG

I do have a new set, but they stay in our camper for when we can get away.

Ron

Last edited: