Roundhouse

• Thread starter Deleted member 8703
  • Start date

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
It's beautiful Christopher. Lots of time and effort has gone into detailing it. I remember we had one of these roundhouses in the middle of the city across from the main train station in Brickfields. Always wanted to know what was inside of it but its been pulled down ages ago and in its place is the Central Station, hotels and office blocks. Your diorama gives me an idea of what it would have looked like. Thanks.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 8703

Hello everyone...the trains are functional. Three are brass from PFM (Pacific Fast Mail) and one is plastic from Bachmann. If anyone is interested in seeing a real working roundhouse in the states, I suggest Jamestown, California, the Durango Silverton Railroad In Colorado, the Chama Railroad in New Mexico and the Ely Railroad in Nevada. I have visited them all and they are quite stunning. Here are a few photos from my recent trip to Ely. 2EB544D7-D6EB-4FDC-994F-6EDB67153E41.jpeg46EE9ED1-1456-4EFB-8F44-78488B52430B.jpegDDB55550-7834-43CA-B1B1-542E64AF2EE4.jpegAACAA884-67D5-448A-8014-DF32DA94F4A3.jpeg9253A53B-0577-4355-BB51-862C0E288BE1.jpegFD774262-B38F-4CCC-A6E3-B5D9037415BA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 8703

Your so right Rick...especially when something like a medium sized horizontal boiler is hard to find

Last edited by a moderator:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Firstly Christopher welcome to the forum.
Coupled with some great photos your model is superb in every way . Love the attention to detail following the photos of the real machine shop, great work .
Shall follow this with interest.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
LOOKS REAL an very impressive an the detail is out of this world very well done Christoper an it feels to me im actuly standing in your round house work area :thumb2:chris

D

Deleted member 8703

My next project is going to be a railroad car shed with overhead crane system and repair shop with blacksmith shop. I love steam trains

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN Christopher these scences that you have built here really remind me of the factory where i first worked at when i was 15yrs old just left school an the open pit as one day a mate came an pinched part of my mig welder that i was usein

as he was messin about an i was in a hurry to weld some door keeps on the frame of a big fridge van as i was reworkin it an i shot after him to get the part back an fell into the pit like you have here an i heard a sharp crack when i fell into the pit an i was helped out by the guys an the pain then hit an i went to undo my steel toecap boots an the foreman came running up screamin dont take your boot off but too late an i could not belive it as my anke blew up like a monster in size as i found out later in hospital that i had toren all my ligaments in my ankle an i was in plaster for nr 4 months but when i went back to work i was bloomin carefull of them pits then but thats what your scene in your model here reminds me of so to very real
chris

D

Deleted member 8703

Sorry to bring up bad memories...what happened to your mate? Not to get off topic but have you been to the Tank Museum in Bovington? I was suppose to go there last year but COVID hit the UK bad and my flight was cancelled . Hope to go next year.