Scammell Tank Transporter And Sherman Tank

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
I know its a bit soon but here are some more pics with the models in position so you can start to see the layout of the dio.Tom.:gun2::praying:
Should look fantastic, how long before we see some color mate.

Andy

S

Satnav313

\ said:
Should look fantastic, how long before we see some color mate.Andy
I'm off on hols next week so it will be the following week.

Tom.

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Hi guys,Today ive finally started the paint. Theres not alot done yet but here it is with its first coat of primer on (Still a little damp). Im going to put a thin coat of filler over some areas to cover gaps where the paper has peeled and were it has twisted in painting.
Looking good mate, are you refreshed after your hoilday.

Andy

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Today i have started the groundwork. I added a blue scatter as it was cheaper than a green scatter so i will paint it later. I still need to add some to the rockfaces to create a moss or grass effect.Thanks, Tom.
Amazing mate, i cant beleive how a pile of paper and card can turn out like this. Fantastic work. I have seen may dio's on here that have been finished...never seen one from the begining like yours mate, should make a real good thread.

Andy

S

Satnav313

\ said:
Amazing mate, i cant beleive how a pile of paper and card can turn out like this. Fantastic work. I have seen may dio's on here that have been finished...never seen one from the begining like yours mate, should make a real good thread.Andy
Thanks for the kind words Andy. But unfortunately it looks like your the only one following the project, but oh well i'll carry on.

Thanks, Tom

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
I've added some more scatter to the top of the rockfaces and on the ridges.Here are some pics with the scatter on, and the models and figures in position.

Please Rate.

Thanks, Tom.
Its great work mate, i thought the same about my P47, no comments hardly. I have checked the stats and so far you have had 602 views. So keep up the work mate, we are all watchng.

Andy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Dont worry satnav, I'm with you all the way!! Don't forget how I told you to make the ruts in the mud. Don't spend a fortune on Plaster of Paris (it'll only crack anyway) Go to your local d.i.y store get a bag of grey floor tile adhesive,10kg will last a life time. Mix to a thick paste, spread it on, then with a stick about the same width of the tyres, drag it along where you want the tracks. It will be dry in less than an hour, then paint...job done.

Regards the greenery, get in the garden and find some moss, stick this on your rocks with super glue,done! DONT waste money when all you need for dioramas is in your garden, scale trees, bushes, you name it.

You've seen and commented on my efforts so go for it and good luck...Big brother is watching.

Ron

S

Satnav313

Thanks ron, i forgot about you, Lol!

Will polyfilla give the same effect as I have loads of it?

What colours to make the ruts look fresh (still wet) ?

Tom

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Tom,

As Andy said above, don't be disheartened about the lack of comments, we are watching the build, as the thread view count shows. Some are probably a bit shy to comment but we all like to see what is going on. Not everyone is on here everyday, so they have some catching up to do when they come back on.

Some people will only stick to their chosen subjects and that is fine, nothing wrong with that - quite often though they do look at these posts and get inspired to try their hand at other subjects too so that is a good thing.

Another good thing though is that your post is up on here and becomes a source of info for people looking for advice on how to build a particular subject. That will be picked up on in Google too if they do a search and of course, will lead them here to your post too !!

The main thing I like about this site is the lack of negative & nasty comments like you will see on some of the other sites. At least on here you will get friendly and honest comments and advice and that is the way it should be.

After all, we want people to enjoy the hobby - not put them off !!

Your dio is coming along very nicely now, keep the pics coming as they all help seeing how things are done. We all have different ways of doing things but it is nice to learn from the pics put up on here too.

Your contributions are more than welcome :D

Regards.........Mark

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I have been looking Satnav, everytime you've posted infact. Just can't wait to see it finished bud. BTW, i do like the way you've done the bunker/pillbox, it's given me an idea for my next project.

Have fun with the rest of the build.

Take care, John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Thanks ron, i forgot about you, Lol! Will polyfilla give the same effect as I have loads of it?

What colours to make the ruts look fresh (still wet) ?

Tom
Yo Tom, Polyfilla is fine, but put on in any thickness it does tend to crack, but that will help your dio to look more realistic. Go for it.

Regards the 'wet look', again simple...paint the ruts brown/gray, whatever colour you like, then into the shed for some varnish and carefully paint the bottom of the ruts and anything else you want to look wet. It will take a few coats but it works a treat.

Finally, you must be nervous now you know the world and his wife are watching, but always remember this...It is your model and you can paint things any colour you like. I think the Sherman would look nice painted pink with big yellow daisies and...........

All the best,

Ron

S

Satnav313

Thanks for the help Ron. I'll crack on with the ruts towards the end of the week and post a few pics.

Tom.

S

Satnav313

What are you going to do as your next project John?

Hope you find a better way to incorporate the bunker than i did as mine was a right pain in the a**e to decide what i was doing with it.

I changed my mind about 6 times. Lol!

Tom

S

Satnav313

Hi guys its been a while!

I've been busy placing scatter most of the time but I have managed to finish the mortar pit, including a hand made MG thats about 3/4cm long. I have also made a camo net and some barbed wire still to be put in their final positions.

Cheers,

Tom.

P.S - pictures will be posted tomorrow once everything is dry.

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Hi guys its been a while!I've been busy placing scatter most of the time but I have managed to finish the mortar pit, including a hand made MG thats about 3/4cm long. I have also made a camo net and some barbed wire still to be put in their final positions.

Cheers,

Tom.

P.S - pictures will be posted tomorrow once everything is dry.
I did wonder what you were up to. Thought you decided to keep this one a seceret in the end. Cant wait to see your progress update mate.

Andy

S

Satnav313

Here it is, the next progress update as Andy put it.

The net is a washing bag bought for 49p at morrisons. I just cut it to the right size and sprayed it brown and green although it just looks mucky. The net is not stuck over the mortar pit yet, ill do that after painting.

The spare bits of net I stuck to the sherman and added "stuff from the garden" like ron sugested.

The white "splodge" is a moulded crater from an earlier diorama.

Im looking to get the ruts done this weekend and then the first coat of proper paint on.

All comments welcome,

Thanks,

Tom.

View attachment 19292

View attachment 19293

View attachment 19294

View attachment 19295

View attachment 19296

View attachment 19297

View attachment 19298

View attachment 19299

View attachment 19300