Scammell Tank Transporter And Sherman Tank

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Looking good, i like the washing bag idea. Can't wait to see it all done Satnav.

Take care, John

S

Sky Raider

Loving it mate. It is really coming to life now, cant wait to see more. Keep up the good work.

Andy

S

Satnav313

Thanks for the comments guys im hoping to get it finished by the end of septemberas i've already got 3 models lined up.

Thanks again,

Tom.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
C'mon Tom, I can't wait THAT long. I want to see the finished dio. Can you get the wife to lend a hand?

It's looking good my mate, keep it up.

Ron

S

Satnav313

Ron,

i hope it doesn't take that long. Im just giving myself plenty of time in case something goes wrong.

Thanks for the comment,

Tom.

(P.S. I dont have a wife.)

S

Satnav313

Hi guys heres the next installment of my dio.

The tree has been made with a small branch and some copper wire with a little scatter on for the texture (not hard at all realy).

The rock is some left over oasis foam from the start of the build when i built the rock faces. I went with rons idea of dragging a stick through some polyfilla to form ruts from the tracks. Going up the rock face is a ladder made from copper wire wound round matchsticks to form rungs.

Im hoping to get some paint on before the weekend but it depends when i can get to the shop to buy some more paints.

Any comments welcome,:music_whi

Thanks for looking'

Tom.

View attachment 19365

View attachment 19366

View attachment 19367

View attachment 19368

View attachment 19369

2009_06110001.JPG

2009_06110002.jpg

2009_06110003.JPG

2009_06110004.jpg

2009_06110005.JPG

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I've just had a look at your diorama. Fair do's Tom it's looking good and I'm well chuffed you went ahead with my tip on the making of the ruts, too right I am!

I look forward to your next input.

Ron

S

Sky Raider

Looking good mate, hope you get some paint soon then it will realy come alive. Well done

Andy

S

Satnav313

Thanks for the comments guys.

Ron

Do you put anything in your ruts (e.g. bits of plant or grass) or do you just paint them?

Thanks,

Tom

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Thanks for the comments guys.Ron

Do you put anything in your ruts (e.g. bits of plant or grass) or do you just paint them?

Thanks,

Tom
If your ruts are crossing a stream, where they emerge onto the bank I would be inclined to paint them brown/ green mottled and then varnish for a wet look. I wouldn't put anything in them as its been churned to a pulp!

If they are going across a road I would paint the ruts grey/brown mottled then put a few bits of rubble to represent the muck coming off the wheels.

Dont forget to put some dirt across the road where the Scammel's tyres have been!!

I hope this is of some help, Tom.

Good luck,

Ron

S

Satnav313

Thanks ron its a big help. I have had a look in the shop window and it says its open tomorrow, so i'll call in and pick up some paint so I can crack on.

Thanks for the help,

Tom.

S

Satnav313

Right.... I've got the paints and i've given the grass areas a couple of coats of green. I went into the garden and got some moss and other plant "stuff" and have stuck it to the rocks.

Inside the bunker is a supplie drop and a door made from balsa.

None of my brown paints seemed to look right as mud in the tank ruts, so I got some mud out the garden added some water to it, and put that on. It looked great till it dried. So...does anyone have any ideas on keeping it looking wet without using gloss varnish?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

View attachment 19396

View attachment 19397

View attachment 19398

View attachment 19399

View attachment 19400

View attachment 19401

2009_06130008.JPG

2009_06130009.JPG

2009_06130010.JPG

2009_06130011.JPG

2009_06130013.jpg

2009_06130014.JPG

S

Sky Raider

Hi mate looking real good now, with the mud problem, have you tried mixing it in a little finishing resin and seeing what it looks like when it is dry, just an idea i would try. Do some on some scrap and let me know how it turns out mate. Keep up the good work.

Andy

S

Satnav313

Thanks Andy.

I'll try get some resin and try it.

Thanks again,

Tom

S

Satnav313

Well guys here it is.

The finished dio, (well nearly just some rubble to add but i wont be postin pics of rubble lol).

Finished on my Birthday lol.:cake:

The roads are made from sand glued on with PVA.

PVA also solved the problem about the tracks. I just put some on and they seemed to dry whilst retaining the wet look from underneath.

I made the waterfall from clear drying glue put onto a board then worked with a toothpick till it looked right. Then just peel it off glue it into position and put white paint on it for the movement.

Thanks for following the build,

All comments welcome,

Tom.

View attachment 19414

View attachment 19415

View attachment 19416

View attachment 19417

View attachment 19418

View attachment 19419

2009_06140008.JPG

2009_06140009.JPG

2009_06140010.jpg

2009_06140011.JPG

2009_06140012.jpg

2009_06140013.JPG

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Well guys here it is.The finished dio, (well nearly just some rubble to add but i wont be postin pics of rubble lol).

Finished on my Birthday lol.:cake:

The roads are made from sand glued on with PVA.

PVA also solved the problem about the tracks. I just put some on and they seemed to dry whilst retaining the wet look from underneath.

I made the waterfall from clear drying glue put onto a board then worked with a toothpick till it looked right. Then just peel it off glue it into position and put white paint on it for the movement.

Thanks for following the build,

All comments welcome,

Tom.
Happy birthday Tom. I cant beieve you have finished so quickly. It is a Beutiful job, well done mate. Whats next Tom?

Cheers

Andy

S

Satnav313

Thanks for the kind words Andy and thanks for following the build.

My next project will be an airfix 1:48 english electric canberra pr.9 which i will start on saturday. Hopefully there will be no major problems like i had with my vickers wellington but you never can tell.

Thanks again,

Tom.

N

noble

Well done mate

\ said:
Thanks for the kind words Andy and thanks for following the build.My next project will be an airfix 1:48 english electric canberra pr.9 which i will start on saturday. Hopefully there will be no major problems like i had with my vickers wellington but you never can tell.

Thanks again,

Tom.
Well done mate i've been following the build from start to finish and i have to say it looks fantastic, you must be pleased and very satisfied to see it completed, oh and i love the tip for the running water by the way good work and keep it up.

scott

S

Satnav313

\ said:
Well done mate i've been following the build from start to finish and i have to say it looks fantastic, you must be pleased and very satisfied to see it completed, oh and i love the tip for the running water by the way good work and keep it up.scott
Thanks scott it has been an enjoyable build although the papier mache was rather time consuming.

Thanks again,

Tom.