Scotties big Zundapp

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Just had a catch up paul , gobsmackingly good work here. Your fabricating skills and eye for detail are next level , brilliant stuff , cheers tony

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I would say not for a mild steel system operating in very challenging conditions. I would expect some heat blueing on the outlet exhaust downpipes though.
Thanks Tim for the feedback, I will darken that area down a bit.

I agree with Tim, the exhaust is probably not over-rusted if the bike has been used for a fair while. Maybe a bit dark in colour — I remember the rusted parts of the exhaust of my moped 30+ years ago being more of a tan-grey, but other than that, IMHO it looks very convincing.
Jakko thanks for that I will grey it down a bit I will try some thinned down Valleyo smoke.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Work continues on the forks and handlebars. The very basic brake and clutch levers were chopped up and modified to remove the solid look. they still need a bit of cleaning up.

DSCF3624.JPG

Next some bolt details were added to the yoke< hopefully some of the bike builders riders will put me right on the correct term.

DSCF3625.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
I've been doing a bit of work on my Land Rover's exhaust, which gets used off road & it is pretty similar. The look you have is about right for one that been in use in difficult conditions for a while. It's all looking good Paul.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I've been doing a bit of work on my Land Rover's exhaust, which gets used off road & it is pretty similar. The look you have is about right for one that been in use in difficult conditions for a while. It's all looking good Paul.
Thanks for that Graeme appreciate the feedback.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Scottie

Simply, simply outstanding!!

Very well done indeed!!

Andrew

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
well it's starting to look like a bike.

Front forks assembled and added but prior to that the decal with the manufacturers badge on it was added. this was first applied to a thin piece of evergreen to give the badge a bit of depth.

DSCF3630.JPGDSCF3626.JPG

added a bit of heat staining to the exhaust could probably do with a bit more but will do this when the detailing takes place.

DSCF3631.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Going along great Paul. Detail is top drawer. Funny how the exhaust looks on a clean frame though…..like someone has used old parts on a new bike…

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Going along great Paul. Detail is top drawer. Funny how the exhaust looks on a clean frame though…..like someone has used old parts on a new bike…
Tim,

Your right it does look strange I think I need to tone down the exhaust a tad but, the frame will look older when I have finished.
Looking good.
Thanks Mark

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim,

Your right it does look strange I think I need to tone down the exhaust a tad but, the frame will look older when I have finished.

Thanks Mark
Tone down the frame first :thumb2: The bike probably just needs a bit of dust to tie them together once you have…..

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have continued detailing some of the smaller parts. I am waiting for some brass rod before I can start on the linkages.

The riders foot rest has been cleaned up and a bolt head added.
DSCF3633.JPG

The pillion passenger footrest has also been detailed with bolt head detail plus the pivot pin and finally the foot peg was drilled out and a piece of tube added.

DSCF3635.JPG

Finally for today the fuel tap and pipe work was tweaked. the plastic replaced with wire and plastic tube and the fuel tap made from copper wire.

DSCF3634.JPG

cheers
Scottie