Scotties big Zundapp

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That is looking the business …

Just one small thing: does the jerry can really say Feuergefahflich like I think it does? If so, maybe it needs a few select bits of dirt to hide the difference with Feuergefährlich :smiling3:
Only you would pick this up ;) Luckily not many people speak German and even less would be able to read it.
This is absolutely stunning, this is another of those builds that just defy words to explain how good it is, are you sure it's not pictures of a real one ?, the whole paint and weathering is spot on, it looks so realistic it's unbelievable..a very well done job indeed..one to be more than proud of.. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
Chris, That is very very kind of you thank you.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just had an enjoyable catch up. The paint finish you are achieving is truly stunning. It looks lived in but not worn out. Great restraint Scottie, too easy to go too far.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I can’t believe I’ve not looked at this build until now Paul, some outstanding work.
Ian, no worries there are a lot of great things going on it's so hard keeping up with them all.
Just had an enjoyable catch up. The paint finish you are achieving is truly stunning. It looks lived in but not worn out. Great restraint Scottie, too easy to go too far.
Tim, thanks mate. I normally do go to far

First Name
Andy
Like all of your models, something to aspire to, although I tend to stay away from scratchery as I am not good at it but I can appreciate the skill involved and you have the skill in bucketloads.

Andy.

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Just caught up with this scottie, all come together now with all those details! Diorama base soon then :smiling3:

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Good to see that "Jerry" can locked in place. With the price of fuel nowadays, that is a huge target of opportunity for any passing 1/9th scale, person of questionable character! ;)

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Like all of your models, something to aspire to, although I tend to stay away from scratchery as I am not good at it but I can appreciate the skill involved and you have the skill in bucketloads.

Andy.
Andy, thank you very kind of you to say.
Just caught up with this scottie, all come together now with all those details! Diorama base soon then :smiling3:
Cheers Ben, and again a very big thank you for doing the cans for me.
Good to see that "Jerry" can locked in place. With the price of fuel nowadays, that is a huge target of opportunity for any passing 1/9th scale, person of questionable character! ;)
Rick, there is a questionable character building it.
The build that just keeps on giving, great work mate
Mick, thank you mate.
Fascinating, Paul. :thumb2:
I'm considering again changing hobby from modelling to platypus breeding. :tongue-out3:
Andrea, you have no need to do that mate :smiling:
Got to look out for the sting on the male ones remember Andy…..
:tongue-out2::tongue-out2::tongue-out2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Started work on the MG34 this will need a lot of work with very soft detail especially the barrel jacket. some ally sheet was wrapped around one end of some ally tube. The holes were drilled and cleaned up. The muzzle was removed and drilled to accept some plastic rod to represent the barrel the hole was also drilled in the breech end of the body.
DSCF3665.JPG

The muzzle was then notched to represent the barrel catch location.

DSCF3666.JPG

Next the cone shaped moulded cocking handle was removed and a piece of drilled out rod was added for strength this was supported by a piece of wire.

DSCF3667.JPG

Lots more to do.

cheers
Scottie

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Started work on the MG34 this will need a lot of work with very soft detail especially the barrel jacket. some ally sheet was wrapped around one end of some ally tube. The holes were drilled and cleaned up. The muzzle was removed and drilled to accept some plastic rod to represent the barrel the hole was also drilled in the breech end of the body.
View attachment 472643

The muzzle was then notched to represent the barrel catch location.

View attachment 472644

Next the cone shaped moulded cocking handle was removed and a piece of drilled out rod was added for strength this was supported by a piece of wire.

View attachment 472645

Lots more to do.

cheers
Scottie
Fantastic!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The MG is finished lots of the kit parts have been modified or replaced and I had a lot of fun doing it. Just to give you an idea of the tweaks: various rivets and screws were added. The feed tray was detailed with pewter. The sling hook was added to the pistol grip. the bipod legs were hollowed out as the were pressed steel and not solid as shown in the kit. the stops were added to the legs. The bipod swivel was completely rebuild from ally rod and tube, punched details and wire. Looking at the reference pictures the swivel must have been a good design as the exact same thing was used on the Later GPMG used by various armies. The ammo drum was also detailed with handles, hinges and catches. The ammunition belt also had the strap added to allow the belt to be pulled through.

Sorry the above was a bit boring so hopefully the pictures will show it better.

DSCF3669.JPG
DSCF3670.JPG
DSCF3671.JPG
DSCF3672.JPG
DSCF3675.JPG

DSCF3673.JPG

thanks for looking
cheers
Scottie