Scotties big Zundapp

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Andy, Now that would be great to work on.
Indeed it would be .....
... Saw a few crated up R75's for sale back in about 2015, due to circumstances I couldn't follow them up TBH,(and if memory serves,they were only about four grand), I'll be back in the hunt this Summer mind ;)

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Indeed it would be .....
... Saw a few crated up R75's for sale back in about 2015, due to circumstances I couldn't follow them up TBH,(and if memory serves,they were only about four grand), I'll be back in the hunt this Summer mind ;)
were you going upstairs or coming down when you sent this again :smiling: :smiling: :smiling:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Paul bang on at this scale no prisoners are taken ,from my perspective you've got that paint patina absolutely there the chips and scratches are a great complement one doesn't work without the other absolutely beautiful. Dave

Reactions: JR

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Amazing work Scottie. To detail at this level, you must have the patience of a saint.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul bang on at this scale no prisoners are taken ,from my perspective you've got that paint patina absolutely there the chips and scratches are a great complement one doesn't work without the other absolutely beautiful. Dave
Wow Scottie this is a real work of art, the weathering so far is unreal
Amazing work Scottie. To detail at this level, you must have the patience of a saint.
Ditto (Colin+Mick+David).:thumb2:
I'm so lazy today.... :tongue-out3:
Excellent chipping and scratches.
Awesome Paul.
Thot I wuz lookin' at the real deal!:nerd:
Thank you guys to receive such compliments really means a lot to me.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The sidecar has now finally joined the rest of the bike. There is still a bit to do the spare wheel never got finished so I have that to finish spoking if that's a word. The MG needs to be built.

I tried again to give the yellow finish some depth using oil dots. And keep the chipping to the edges and the worst of the wear to the tub.

DSCF3659.JPG

The scratched jerry can holder is now in place I will add the can and close it all up.

DSCF3660.JPG

The seat cusions were covered with dried lens wipes they are nice and strong and have a nice fabric finish. They were painted dark grey and then finished with oils. The weathering inside is WIP.

DSCF3662.JPG

another view of the side of the tub. Hopefully you can see the results of the oil wash. I am happy with the result and it just goes to show that you don't need expensive after market products.

DSCF3661.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Looking real good, just ordered some oils,never used them before,see how i get on with em.

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking real good, just ordered some oils,never used them before,see how i get on with em.
Mark,
They are really easy to use. Dampen the surface with white spirt and a wide brush, Next place random dots of colour including near the base colour white, browns greens and yellows depending on the base colour then again using a dampened wide soft flat brush pull down through the pain in the direction that rain or prevailing weather.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have fitted the jerry can into its carrier. Again a big shout out to Ben (yambam26) for 3D printing it for me the detail can really be seen now.

DSCF3663.JPG

And all locked up safe and sound

DSCF3664.JPG

I have another can from Ben I might paint that one up for water.

Cheers
Scottie

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That is looking the business …

Just one small thing: does the jerry can really say Feuergefahflich like I think it does? If so, maybe it needs a few select bits of dirt to hide the difference with Feuergefährlich :smiling3:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
This is absolutely stunning, this is another of those builds that just defy words to explain how good it is, are you sure it's not pictures of a real one ?, the whole paint and weathering is spot on, it looks so realistic it's unbelievable..a very well done job indeed..one to be more than proud of.. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: