Scotties Krupp Protze Kfz 69

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
The work on the PAK 36 is nearly done.

View attachment 461286

It looks like I have a bit of droop on the barrel I need to rectify.

View attachment 461287

The poles and shovel are held on with masking tape straps and etch buckles. I need to add some more detail to the spades on the back.

View attachment 461288

The handwheel has had the firing button added the silver dome there is a cable that has been added from the white box to down near the breech.

View attachment 461289

Another view of the spades that still need some detailing.

View attachment 461290

Front shield and lower blast shield.

So some detail to add to the spades and the tyre valves to add to the wheels then it will be ready for paint.

cheers
Scottie
SUPERB stuff there DAWG!! :smiling3:
That really does look the dangly bits for sure mate !!
Top, TOP work Buddy :smiling3:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Still trying to get my head round the 'legs' looking at the one that I done years ago, made me wonder if they were shortened when it was being towed - Tamiya seem to have it in the 'firing' configuration with shields down and legs fully extended yet they've put a 'step' in the moulds

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well if this isn't worth a Dog's then I just don't know.
Brilliant work Paul , just gets better with each build you do .

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Still trying to get my head round the 'legs' looking at the one that I done years ago, made me wonder if they were shortened when it was being towed
Not to the best of my knowledge. Telescoping legs would be bad for absorbing the gun’s recoil anyway.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Amazing stuff paul , thorough knowledge of the subject and your attention to fine details is unsurpassed , cheers tony

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
SUPERB stuff there DAWG!! :smiling3:
That really does look the dangly bits for sure mate !!
Top, TOP work Buddy :smiling3:
Thanks matey, really happy you like it.
There is nothing worse than a droopy barrel. :smiling5: :cool: :thumb2: Your attention to detail is outstanding. One of your best my friend
Thanks Steve, will have to cut back on the beer. Glad you like it.

Superb Scottie. A lot of brass in that.
Jim, just a bit mate lol.
All that brass makes it, just superb Paul.
Thanks mate.
Droopy barrel? Can't think of anything worse, unless the recuperators have failed as well ... :smiling5:
Steve
Steve, luckily I haven't suffered from that yet lol.
Still trying to get my head round the 'legs' looking at the one that I done years ago, made me wonder if they were shortened when it was being towed - Tamiya seem to have it in the 'firing' configuration with shields down and legs fully extended yet they've put a 'step' in the moulds
Gerry, not quite sure what you mean but don't think the trail legs can be shortened unless there were different versions maybe for infantry with shorter trails.
Well if this isn't worth a Dog's then I just don't know.
Brilliant work Paul , just gets better with each build you do .
Thanks John that is very kind of you to say.
Not to the best of my knowledge. Telescoping legs would be bad for absorbing the gun’s recoil anyway.
I tend to agree.
Amazing stuff paul , thorough knowledge of the subject and your attention to fine details is unsurpassed , cheers tony
Tony, not so much knowledge but I always try and print off some reference pics if I can.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Paul, now that you've used up a bottle of CA, tell us what happened to the barrel. Did you use the kits piece or make your own??? Loving it so far and glad my Ray Ban's are polarized too....Drive on Buddy!!!...

Prost
Allen

• Haha
Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi mate no I used the kit one. I was already to far into the build to change it. Hopefully it will look OK when the paint goes on.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Thanks Jakko, I couldn't really see that it'd work unless they were pinned, just that on the kit I've done (just the Pak and crew) the box art had what seemed like 'scaped' sections about halfway down the legs.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Spent a few hours today trying to improve the kit figures, by under cutting pockets and collars etc. I also have some master box figures that I may have my first go at modifying. Also added all the tyre valves to all the wheels.
there are no photos as didn't want to bore you.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Spent a few hours today trying to improve the kit figures, by under cutting pockets and collars etc. I also have some master box figures that I may have my first go at modifying. Also added all the tyre valves to all the wheels.
there are no photos as didn't want to bore you.
Like we are ever bored by anything you do Scottie!