Scotties Pinky

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Haven't seen a pink plastic build before and it'll be fun watching it with shades Scottie what with the bling and all you'll be adding on. :smiling5: Grabbing a seat with the wabble bunch.

Cheers,
Wabble

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul, my apologies. I have misled you on the colour that I remember. After giving it a lot of thought and getting my failing memory working I have realised that when the SAS guys came from up country down into Aden they did so in normal Landies, not their full on Pinkies. This explains why I thought there was not much of a pink tinge. Sorry. :angry:
John.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
If you can't find a colour that suits Paul try mixing your own. Magenta and white should get you near, or red & white with a dash of blue.
Cheers Andy, sounds good
I shall enjoy seeing you work your magic on this one Scottie, but I think you may need some dark glasses or you could get a bit of a headache!

Nick
Nick, The colour makes it very hard to see the detail or where things need cleaning up.
An older kit with a bit of bling and some tweaks in your very capable hands….I’m in :cool:
Thanks Si, I have said it before I have a lot more fun building these old ones than the new offerings.
The dusky mauve pink would fit better cause I'd presume the guys just grabbed some 'standard' vehicles and slapped a pink coloured paint over the top of the original bronze greeny colour, thus creating a more 'off' pink colour than folks think....and you've probably got the 'what the paint was mixed with' issue that would also affect the final colour (dunkelgelb anybody ????)
Chris, they were indeed sprayed over the factory deep bronze green. A lot were modified for their new role and over painted with the pink.
As usual, look forward to this one Scottie.
cheers Jack good to have you along.
Oh,a Scottie Build...
I'M IN .... OBVIOUSLY ;)
Smifffy good to see you.
Blimey that's PINK!

watching as ever
N
welcome mate.
Cool..... At least it doesn't need painting!! ;) :smiling5:
Andy, there is that lol.
Chances are they mixed standard army red paint (or red lead primer) with standard army white paint, or red with sand or something, in simple proportions — like one tin of red plus one tin of white or sand.
That may well have been the case.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Haven't seen a pink plastic build before and it'll be fun watching it with shades Scottie what with the bling and all you'll be adding on. :smiling5: Grabbing a seat with the wabble bunch.

Cheers,
Wabble
-
Cheers Richard going to have some fun with this.......... hopefully.
Paul, my apologies. I have misled you on the colour that I remember. After giving it a lot of thought and getting my failing memory working I have realised that when the SAS guys came from up country down into Aden they did so in normal Landies, not their full on Pinkies. This explains why I thought there was not much of a pink tinge. Sorry. :angry:
John.
John, not a problem at all mate I value your input.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I just caught this Bro. Looks like you're gonna have some fun building it. When I first saw your opening question, this came to mind,

a0f33e4cb3970142148be7931102e01f.jpg
Then I saw you were asking about which Paint color for the kit....My bad!!! Maybe you could put her in the driver's seat though...

Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Any room at the front please, tea and a biscuit would be nice Paul .

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Paul.I got this from Amazon.There's a few different pinks but the one I got was definitely ham!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I just caught this Bro. Looks like you're gonna have some fun building it. When I first saw your opening question, this came to mind,

View attachment 475618
Then I saw you were asking about which Paint color for the kit....My bad!!! Maybe you could put her in the driver's seat though...

Prost
Allen
You lost me on this one mate, :smiling: :smiling:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
John.
Absolutely correct mate -the 'Pinkie' was not general issue sadly

Last edited:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
You lost me on this one mate, :smiling: :smiling:
I didn't mean to Paul, but.........

One question for you all any idea what Pink I should use?
I figured you were talking about the pop singer Pink and decided to bust your stones a little Bro!!!...Sorry I lost you there...Now get crackin' on her!!!......The build that is.............

Prost
Allen