Scotties Pinky

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Hi Paul, I'm definately in for this one, being afflicted with Land Roveritis!
The Pink Panther Land Rovers were converted by Marshalls from vehicles using the 1 ton 109" chassis (which was later used as standard on military Land Rovers). The had the larger 9x16" tyres, 2 1/4 petrol engines which meant they were not fast! They were painted in Oman, using, as Jakko suggested, red & white oxide paint which was found there, the colour varied quite a bit it appears. I have some pictures of a restored one at a show a few years ago & it was darker than most seem to think. The guy who owned & restored it found some of it's pink colour that had got into some areas that wouldn't be subject to light etc. I will have a look for them for you if you like.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Interesting build, it will have loads of Scottie touches I’m sure…….the colour means I’m looking forward to the paint already…..

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul, I'm definately in for this one, being afflicted with Land Roveritis!
The Pink Panther Land Rovers were converted by Marshalls from vehicles using the 1 ton 109" chassis (which was later used as standard on military Land Rovers). The had the larger 9x16" tyres, 2 1/4 petrol engines which meant they were not fast! They were painted in Oman, using, as Jakko suggested, red & white oxide paint which was found there, the colour varied quite a bit it appears. I have some pictures of a restored one at a show a few years ago & it was darker than most seem to think. The guy who owned & restored it found some of it's pink colour that had got into some areas that wouldn't be subject to light etc. I will have a look for them for you if you like.
Cheers Graeme, I presume that the chassis would have remained factory painted black or green. I will probably do a paint mix as suggested but will do some green chipping to show the over paint.
Interesting build, it will have loads of Scottie touches I’m sure…….the colour means I’m looking forward to the paint already…..
Tim, good to see you.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I got lost on my way to the Party......then I thought we were back at the Movie GB with Lady Penelope's Pink six wheeler and now I see it's a Scottie build! Nice Scratchy stuff so far Mr. Dawg!! :cool: I'll park next to JR and grab a biscuit and a Tetley's if you don't mind.....keeping my shades on to protect the old peeps.:thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Seeing close up photos you realise just how pink the pink is :cool:
Great scratched improvements already.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
It's so WEIRD, that pink! Especially with the Scottie touches...
I keep thinking I'm in Barbie world!
Are you wearing shades over your optivisor?
Wow Neil, you took the words out of my mouth as I was thinking the same thing...So where's Ken??? Do optivisor's come with polarized lenses or do you have to wear shades under them???...

Off to a good start Bro!!! I just need a few more cold ones to get used to the plastic color though. If there ever was the color pink, your kit is the true representation of it. This will definitely be one to remember when it's done with all your great scratchy Paul...

Prost
Allen

Last edited:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ah.The usual exceptional superdetailing and scratching.
Looking great.
Jon.
Thanks Jon.
I got lost on my way to the Party......then I thought we were back at the Movie GB with Lady Penelope's Pink six wheeler and now I see it's a Scottie build! Nice Scratchy stuff so far Mr. Dawg!! :cool: I'll park next to JR and grab a biscuit and a Tetley's if you don't mind.....keeping my shades on to protect the old peeps.:thumb2:
Rick, no worries it is pink isn't it :smiling:
Seeing close up photos you realise just how pink the pink is :cool:
Great scratched improvements already.
Jim, the pink makes photos difficult.
It's so WEIRD, that pink! Especially with the Scottie touches...
I keep thinking I'm in Barbie world!
Are you wearing shades over your optivisor?
Neil, the colour as well as being very bright does make it difficult to make out details and remove seams lines etc.
Wow Neil, you took the words out of my mouth as I was thinking the same thing...So where's Ken??? Do optivisor's come with polarized lenses or do you have to wear shades under them???...

Off to a good start Bro!!! I just need a few more cold ones to get used to the plastic color though. If there ever was the color pink, your kit is the true representation of it. This will definitely be one to remember when it's done with all your great scratchy Paul...

Prost
Allen
Cheers Allen, hopefully it will turn out ok.
Yep,that sure is PINK !!...
You sure you're not doing a souped up version of my Lady Penelope's F.A.B. 1 Mate?!! ;)
Mr Smifff, I don't think lady Penelope would be happy in this one.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not much bench time but little bit has been done. the front seats were very basic. So the gap between the seat cushions have been increased the tilt has been added from pewter and punched details. the seat runners have been added. the covers for the under seat tanks have been added as well as the catches. And on the drivers side the the seat adjust lever.

The transmission levers were added from round headed pins and various punched covers added to the transmission tunnel.

DSCF3716.JPG
DSCF3717.JPG

and some details added to the dash and foot wells there is more to add but I will leave them until the parts are connected.

DSCF3720.JPG

The out riggers were fabricated from evergreen.

DSCF3718.JPG

cheers Scottie

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
What references are you using Scottie? The amount of detail you're adding is fantastic.
Jon.

Reactions: JR

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Bro...Kill the Pink color...,

The scratchy in the interior is looking real fine Paul!
...Paint the interior...The pins do look so realistic as levers too ...Kill the pink color...What kind are they???...paint the interior...This is going to look so cool when you're done...kill the pink color...Are you planning a base for it???...kill the pink color now...I hope so...paint the interior now...Keep it coming my friend!!!...kill the pink color immediately...

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Scottie, keep it coming on the bling! It's only a matter of time before it outshines the PINK! :cool: