Soya 1/350

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
This is a nicely done progress Mark, reminds me of my 1/700 Spy Ship build I did a while ago. The moulding detail on the hull is really good. Definitely will assist in the wash and weathering later.

Cheers,
Wabble

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's looking really good indeed. Very well done.

Andrew

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
This is a nicely done progress Mark, reminds me of my 1/700 Spy Ship build I did a while ago. The moulding detail on the hull is really good. Definitely will assist in the wash and weathering later.

Cheers,
Wabble
That's looking really good indeed. Very well done.

Andrew
Looking great Mark :smiling3: this is a good watch
Cheers guys thanks for looking in:thumb2:
I have watched that video already, wish the orange i used covered that well, i used mr hobby h14 as per instructions ,sprayed over white but practically zero coverage, think its orange clear labelled wrong!

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi all, progress has slowed a bit due to an interruption called being back at work but i have now got the 22 parts together to make the bridge,still more to go! The rear deck is now fitted and the front one has had most of its bits glued on too ,including the anchor chains. Made a start at painting the plane,great fun masking at 1/350 scale.1000002370.jpg1000002373.jpg1000002371.jpg1000002342.jpg1000002372.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi all, progress has slowed a bit due to an interruption called being back at work but i have now got the 22 parts together to make the bridge,still more to go! The rear deck is now fitted and the front one has had most of its bits glued on too ,including the anchor chains. Made a start at painting the plane,great fun masking at 1/350 scale.View attachment 499218View attachment 499219View attachment 499217View attachment 499221View attachment 499220
LOOKIN Great Mark the detail of your build stand out very well esp the ankor whinches an such an the mast an bridge very well done sir
chrisb

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
LOOKIN Great Mark the detail of your build stand out very well esp the ankor whinches an such an the mast an bridge very well done sir
chrisb
Thanks chris
That's coming along a treat Mark, some lovely detail work already! :cool: ...... Cutting mat is WAY too clean mind!!:tears-of-joy:
Cheers Andy, thats just a small one for cutting masking tape, i managed to spill half a bottle of thin ca on the main one the other day had to prise the bottle from my hand along with my tools from the mat :tears-of-joy:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Mark

What a lovely build, unusual subject, but built and painted very well!

A ?? I assume you have brush painted most of the deck fittings?

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi Mark

What a lovely build, unusual subject, but built and painted very well!

A ?? I assume you have brush painted most of the deck fittings?
Thanks Bob, yeah is unusual just fancied not painting grey for a bit lol. The only thing ive brush painted so far is the silver on the winch pulleys. And a bit of weathering.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI MARK brilliant modeling esp the bridge i like very much an the way youve made the details all stand out very very good my freind but like i asked bri please say what the parts are as im havin to guess AS THAT GLASS thing is that a tiny chopper ?
CHRIS

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
HI MARK brilliant modeling esp the bridge i like very much an the way youve made the details all stand out very very good my freind but like i asked bri please say what the parts are as im havin to guess AS THAT GLASS thing is that a tiny chopper ?
CHRIS
Cheers chris :thumb2: yes the clear part is a bell helicopter although at the moment it looks more like a bug thats had its wings pulled off!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Cheers chris :thumb2: yes the clear part is a bell helicopter although at the moment it looks more like a bug thats had its wings pulled off!
YES Mark thats what i first thought but then lookin closely i could see the wire bit where the tail rotar would be but still then i was only gussein so please say what the parts are all please makes for more enjoyment of the build
chrisb

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Hi all, bit more progress, hull decals have been applied along with some weathering,being an icebreaker it seemed reasonable to give it some rusty scrapes. Ive toned dow the heli deck as it was to black and new looking,still some decals to add there also, and just a pic for size comparison. View attachment 500146View attachment 500145View attachment 500144View attachment 500147View attachment 500148View attachment 500152View attachment 500151View attachment 500150View attachment 500149
I was impressed when I saw the weathering on the hull. Then I became impressively impressed when I saw the scale of what your building. That 17ml bottle certainly puts it into perspective.