Soya 1/350

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES Mark im also amazed as well like wabbles spy ship as his was very small an you have mandged the same size wow i doff my hat to you sir what a bueatifull model an very realistic lookin on the bow after crushin all that ice lol but very well done sir lovely model
ATB
chrisb

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Derrick booms now fitted to the front crane,need some weathering.
Also the tripod mast after a foot/floor incident resulting in total destruction of all three legs have been replaced with brass rod,will need another coat of paint yet. Somehow the etch parts on top all survived, a bit of straightening out was required.1000002496.jpg1000002495.jpg

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
A little bit more progress, two masts fitted as well as the davits. Never made a base before and im sure there is easier than a floaty one to start with but im gonna have a go and made a start with it,obviously a ton of work still to do but hopefully itll work and not end up in the bin. Plane done just the prop to go on1000002542.jpg.1000002539.jpg1000002538.jpg

Last edited:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Very impressive Mark, love the plane.

Do you find the clamp you bought any good? Looks like you have used it to hold the mast? Might get on

Cheers bob

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Very impressive Mark, love the plane.

Do you find the clamp you bought any good? Looks like you have used it to hold the mast? Might get on

Cheers bob
Thanks Bob, the clamp is probably one of the best modelling tools ive bought, swivels round to any angle and a good heavy base,16 quid off ebay

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
A bit more done with the base, the cracks have been filled with gorilla superglue to level and smooth them out, carved a rough water channel behind the ship,next will be to start adding some texture to the ice.1000002566.jpg1000002567.jpg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Blimey, just had a catch up with this Mark...and what a cracking job for sure :cool:,as the guys have said,the weathering is excellent :thumb2:.
Said it before, but I'll say it again...the little plane is superb!
Looking forward to seeing the base come together :tongue-out:.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
So ive now got the the safety net on, as for poking out all the holes that have got paint in, hmmm, maybe i will.
Two helis have got colour on so next is to have about nine attempts at painting there windows before before going sod it ! That'll have to do lol.started painting the lifeboats , not a great deal left to add to the ship but whats left will be attached after ive got it in its final resting place on the base as im already starting to knock bits off with the handling .1000002584.jpg1000002586.jpg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I'm so sorry Mark! I totally missed this floaty build of yours. When I first saw the thread title, I thought it was about a recipe for a vegetarian meal for dinner. I can only say "RESPECT SIR" as this thing is really tiny and you are really doing a great job on it. It's hard to imagine all the joy you must have had painting the ship and all those tiny little parts too. She's gonna look fantastic sitting on the ice dio base, Sir!!!...

Prost
Allen

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Like Allen I have also somehow missed this. Sorry Mark. Just had a good catch-up and I'm more than impressed. So small and yet so much detail. Well done with the railings, they must be fiddly in the extreme. Love how the base is progressing. What is it actually made of? Looking forward to the rest of the build.