Soya 1/350

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I'm so sorry Mark! I totally missed this floaty build of yours. When I first saw the thread title, I thought it was about a recipe for a vegetarian meal for dinner. I can only say "RESPECT SIR" as this thing is really tiny and you are really doing a great job on it. It's hard to imagine all the joy you must have had painting the ship and all those tiny little parts too. She's gonna look fantastic sitting on the ice dio base, Sir!!!...

Prost
Allen
Hi Allen, no worries mate cheers for looking in,appreciate the comments :thumb2:

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Like Allen I have also somehow missed this. Sorry Mark. Just had a good catch-up and I'm more than impressed. So small and yet so much detail. Well done with the railings, they must be fiddly in the extreme. Love how the base is progressing. What is it actually made of? Looking forward to the rest of the build.
Thanks Jim, compared to some of the highly pingable tiny kit parts the railings were a doddle lol. For the base ive carved out a piece of AK 8mm carving foam glued on top of 25mm black xps just to give the depth needed then a skim of sculpture mould to give some texture,ive think ive probably over engineered it but it is my first ever go at a base so all just trial and error really, love the ak foam,easy to work with even for a beginner.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Now got the rear mast/crane attached,needs a bit of weathering, second heli has got the rotors fitted too.1000002726.jpg1000002727.jpg1000002729.jpg1000002728.jpg

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Been playing around with the base ,still going to fiddle a bit more but will get some primer on it and see how it looks. The sculpture mould wasnt really doing what i wanted due to it fibrous nature so i sanded it all back and used ak foam texture and sealer which has given me a result im much happier with, just gotta get a snug fit with the ship now. 1000002949.jpg