Spitfire Mk.IXe 'Beer Barrels'

P

Polux

Thanks chaps!

I painted a matt varnish coat, this evening will start to mask all the plane. Will go for my Tartan version...so I have many work to do yet ;)

P

Polux

And here is where I am.

Needs the last masking stage..... o_O

View attachment 73294

At the moment, I really pleased with the result, under every square there are five coats of painting, and don't lose the details on the plane. :rolleyes:

Primer coat

Alumminium paint

Varnish matt

(hair laquer/chipping effect)

Colour coat

Varnish matt again

View attachment 73295

Thanks

Polux

DSC_0475.JPG

DSC_0480.JPG

Z

Ziper_it

I can't believe what I'm seeing. Are you really doing this?

Great!

Francesco

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
that is a crazy ass colour you got going on there polux...you will have the spitfire lads after your blood.. ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Love it Polux, going to be a very colourful beast when it's done. After all this time glad to see the tartan Spitfire making its debut :smiling3:

First Name
Jason
Amazing paint job Polux! I dread to think how many hours of masking was involved in that:smiling3:

Jason

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
A tartan spitfire ? I'll give this mate it's origins and I'm beginning to think you are slightly unhinged Mr Polux lol

I am Intreaged

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
You shouldn't have to apologise for doing something out of the ordinary with your models Polux. At times I've considered doing something wacky with a kit, like painting it some weird colour, but never had the inclination to pursue it. Some replicate, others create.

The tartan has come out nicely and I like the weathering on the fuselage and tail, nice work. Looking forward to the final product!

M

mobear

you are a madman polux lol,loving the techniques you are playing with

mobear

Z

Ziper_it

Polux,

You did something great!

... don't know if you are Scottish, but I may follow you in a while with some sicilian traditional paint scheme ... Let's see ...

Francesco