Stalingrad 1942.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great finish to what became a bit of an epic in the end....gives the claustrophobic impression of Stalingrad very well....
Cheers
Tim

Reactions: JR
A

Armorguy

This sounds cliché but man that's one mindblowing diorama !

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening John,

You should be very pleased with yourself....this has (finally:tongue-out3:) turned out a beauty!
All the hard work you’ve put in have definitely paid off:thumb2:

Well done:smiling4:
Si

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
WONDERFUL!! Well what a joy to see those final photos. Some of the photos are very life like. The figures and AFV's have gone in well on the dio. You must be very pleased. Well it's been an absolute joy following you on your journey. Thanks for sharing. Is it time for a rest or do you have another massive project up your sleeve?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning.
Before I thank everyone I still have to place the Russians, they had a coat of AK flat varnish last night. Hopefully today will see them mount the counter attack as they stream out out the building !
John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Morning.
Before I thank everyone I still have to place the Russians......
John

John - That's what I was thinking too, but it's still a terrific model as it stands at the minute......

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi all , daughter visited and all well.
And now the Russians have arrived.
IMG_2911.JPGIMG_2920.jpgN9.jpgIMG_2918.jpgN7.jpgIMG_2915.JPGIMG_2917.jpgN6.jpg

I've enjoyed this dio , certainly learn't alot, to say I enjoy figures is a milestone for me. !
Will add a few more images from mt tablet in a minute .
John.

D

Deleted member 6559

Sorry to have jumped the gun John, but now that it is finally finished it's even better. You can tell that you enjoyed doing the figures because they're terrific. I've really enjoyed following the progress of this one (over two sites!) and I hope it's not too long before you get started on the next.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
WOW... it's really really fantastic.... plus the atmosphere is stunning.. simply GREAT thank yo for this stunning work...
Very happy to know that your daughter is feeling better...

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi, sorry about one double photo.
Ron
Paul
Peter.
Tim
Guy
Jim
Greg
Si
and Steve.
Thanks for your kind comments, and to my friends from MM thanks for staying with me since the beginging.
What a great time I have had, I really enjoyed the building side, esp the copper roof and of course those stone sets. The figures were enjoyable in the end, even the oil washes ! jJust need to see If I can cope with face detail next. Adding the Russians has made this , showing the face to face fighting that took place in Stalingrad with such a loss of life on both sides.

Comments of course welcome.

Steve asked whats next......... a ST65 Tractor, Russian with a resin engine set and a modified cab from a truck . So please join me.

John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Peter....... my figures are down to having yours to gain tips from :thumb2:
Greg...... thank you, you very most welcome. Kay said thank you for all the messages. :blow-kiss:
John.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Superb stuff John.

A very well balanced model. Not too little, not too much.

First class all the way down the line!........even better reading your daughter is feeling better.

Great result all round.:thumb2:

Ron

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dude 2,

Words escape me at the moment. The very first pic you posted after aknowleging us folks and saying you were finished, is the most realistic building I have ever seen as a model. It's color, destruction, wall thickness, well everything is such a tribute to your talent and your work background before you retired. The whole scene just tells the story of Stalingrad. Close combat and not knowing even where the front line was at any time. Thanks for the nod, but you were the driving force bringing this all together Buddy!!! I love it like no other...
And I don't want to hear about being afraid of painting figs again. Yours are fantastic and I am the one with the fear of them, not you...BTW, what is written on the sheet hanging out of the window in Russian??? It better not say we're out of beer!!!

I stand in awe John and salute you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prost
Allen

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening gang .
Ron .......Thank you very much .
Allen ........Your very kind mate, think I should incoperate buildings, as I feel more confident doing them .
All will be revealed over the sign soon, it's for one of our buddies! .
John .

First Name
Marcello
hi John, I have been a little absent lately and missed some steps forward. Huge accomplishment. It is a real duo here, busy and and ell thought. Many many congartulations. Now waiting to know what the Russian drape says, I am curious too.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Marcello.:thumb2: we just need him to wake up !
John .

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi John, sorry i'm a bit late for the final reveal...
The dio is simply fantastic, the figs are great and add a lot to the scene.:hugging-face:
Top work sir.:thumb2:

In awe....
Fernando

Oh and glad to read your daughter is getting better.