Stalingrad 1942.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Kevin,........Thanks. Just foam board and some balsa timber for the roof joists , the copper coloured roof was made from strips of cooking foil. Windows from plastic strip from Evergreen and the glass from cake and other boxes.
Guy .... Cheers mate.
Marty .... Hi mate . thanks, . Its going here.
IMG_2939.JPG

John .

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Paul,
What do I do when there is no more room, not allowed any in the house ! only Peters Russian .
John.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi John have just caught up on this one, haven't been able to log in since Friday, Great work from start to finish I wish I could build some that good and that is some diorama collection you have there, it's a big :thumb2: from me.
Pete.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Peter.
Very kind of you to say. Keep going mate on your dioramas, it's down to practice .:thumb2:
John.

B

Bobby Dale

John
What can one say in the face of Excellence ? BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO - 6paBo ,6paBo, 6paBo
It has been an Honor to have been part of the Journey and watch this great little idea ,grow into a Huge undertaking and a massive accomplishment . It has been mind blowing every step of the way your detail work is so impressive i am just lost for compliments ! without repeating myself
You must be very proud
Bobby
ps Hoping Kay is getting better spinal issues can be long and drawn out we are all praying for a speedy recovery for her , here at Dales end .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Cheers Bobby .
Pm sent
John

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
superb....

Last edited:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Hi John
Just catching up with this one after the migration.
Superb is just not a big enough word, John
Looking at your "man cave" it is definitely your Magnum Opus, but there are plenty of other substantial dioramas supporting it.
Time to look after the family before starting another one?
Really great work
Regards
Steve H

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks to Greg
and to Steve......Family are all ok, Kay is recovering well . Started on the new S 65 Diorama as Managements Birthday is on Sunday and the Devon crew are in attendance .So a full house and no modelling from Friday night .

John.

TIM FORSTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi John.

As a fellow MM refugee it gives me great joy to see you reaching the end of this magnificent project. Makes my Italian village look rather pathetic by comparison!

Well done. A triumph!

Tim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Tim .
Hi , and thank you for such a kind comment . Your Italian village is certainly not pathetic !! I've loved following it and glad you've brought it here .
John .

First Name
Andrew
John, Finally caught up and what a treat! Wonderful!! So much to see and you should be proud of this one for certain.
Glad to hear that Kay is recovering.
Andy B

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks .
Ken ... Very kind of you to say..
Andy....Hi mate ,got there in the end it seemed to have a life of it's own when the figures expanded in quantity. I'm really pleased with the outcome.
Thanks for the kind words about Kay. She's walking everyday for about 10 mins then sits or has a lie down .No bending.
Hope the house is progressing, are you back in yet ?
John

First Name
Andrew
Thanks .
Hope the house is progressing, are you back in yet ?
John
It was only declared 'dry' a couple of weeks ago, but the ceilings are nearly all back up now.
Glad to read that Kay is making progress and pray that that continues steadily.
Andy

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi John
Just had a catch up. Fine result all round. Quality throughout the build. Loads of figures too
Cheers
Tim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
John,
Still feeling my way around the site and landed on this...AWESOME!! So much going on in a small space. You have captured the moment magnificently!
Rick H.:thumb2::thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just a note to do some thank yous.
No modelling this weekend, as the Devon crew have arrived in force, 2adults 2 children and 3 dogs. Ready for Managements birthday on Sunday .
Andy .... That's good news, not too long until to move back in. Kay greatful for all the good wishes, continuing to improve .
Tim ...... Glad you approve and thank you for the help with the washes on the figures.
Rick .... I have the same problem, must have missed a lot of stuff myself . Thanks for you kind comment.
Off to get thrashed at Chess again by a 9 year old , and a second sitting of Harry Potter .
John