STREET SCENE FRANCE 1943 ish

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
:upside:Well, I shall inject a modicum of sanity into the rabble and sit quietly where I'm directed to!
Steve
Thank you Steve, just watch out for the second row , there is always a battle over removing hats .
Two words I'd never thought 'I'd heard' said in the same sentence when describing you buddy..... :upside: :tongue-out3: ;):smiling5::upside:
Steve , if you and Chris are going to cause trouble then the Stewards , gun toting 45 " Are you feeling lucky " Rick and Dude1 will have to separate you :smiling2:

I'm joining this distinguished audience. John sculpting foam is always a first class show. :thumb2:
I don't know about distinguished , but they are certainly an audience Andrea. The foam is waiting in the wings . Seat in the third row is the safest bet .

See this was that funny feeling I had. John be careful keep a safe distance from the front row please.
All current safety rules apply Lee. :thumb2:

When he’s throwing fire about its more like extinguished audience Lee…..
Nice one Tim. What row are you in ? just in case :smiling2: If your in the front I'd move now.

You said it Tim. I’m a little concerned about his new “Toy” the Hot glue gun.
Oh it's lovely Lee. Has two heat settings, hot and hotter !

And you thought this thread was about a French street scene?......just an excuse to play with a "new" toy!! Once JR figures out how to turn the temp control all the way up it will turn that glue gun into a liquid lava launcher!! Someone had best call Matron before this gets out of hand!! ;)
What a great idea Rick. Watching the melt as it comes out of the nozzle is quite fascinating. Matron is captivated as well , thinking of how she might use it when fixing the new hat . Chris had better watch out !

Matron Matron J/R is havin one of his funny turns so see to him before he is out of controll lol
Don't worry Chris, she likes the glue gun , see my reply to Rick !
I'm passed being helped.
Making the call now for more medication.
Ok Lee it's on its way .

I will take a seat, but far enough away that the glue will be cold when it reaches the back seats.

Andy.
Your quite safe Andy. Mind I'd keep the helmet on what with the chance of being hit with a flying hat from the front row being a certain bet .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The chances of the rabble settling down since the mention of a new glue gun a about nil .
We can but live in hope .:smiling3:

Meanwhile while cutting the front lawn and removing a large shrub I managed to try out the gun.
Just the job, like most things the more you use the easier it becomes .My only complaint would be the silly method of keeping it upright. This is not going to happen with the mains cable pulling it over. So think a small MDF cradle is required and with a drip tray .

With glue now holding the roof backing I moved on to the second building .All will have to be seperate while being detailed.
The left hand side will merge into the right at the rear .More to come over the next couple of days .

IMG_20230529_204235287.jpg
Comments welcome .

John .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Errrrm, JR....what part of the weeeeee sketch is that construction representing? I don't recognize it. Have you made unannounced changes to your building plan? :thinking:

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just the job, like most things the more you use the easier it becomes .My only complaint would be the silly method of keeping it upright. This is not going to happen with the mains cable pulling it over. So think a small MDF cradle is required and with a drip tray .
I hang mine on a hook by the flimsy wire "stand".

I find it stops the cable dragging it all over and keeps the gun nozzle up, which prevents drips.

Might be worth a try John.

2023-05-30 06.46.09.jpg

Last edited:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Looking good Dude 2!!! I have taken your credit card and ordered 100 Big Mac menus with chips to keep this lot in check! It appears that none of the rabble get fed at home, so this build could get expensive for you Brother!!!...

Prost
Dude 1

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OH WELL DONE Dude 1 i love bigmac's in fackt i'll have two of em lol if J/R is payin im sure he wont mind as he is a good ole boy what ho chaps

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
OH WELL DONE Dude 1 i love bigmac's in fackt i'll have two of em lol if J/R is payin im sure he wont mind as he is a good ole boy what ho chaps
You can have mine Chris. Haven’t had one for years, but when I did I found they made me feel sick. I think it’s all the monosodium glutamate flavour enhancer in them. Used to take my daughter in for happy meals when she was young, and I’d have ice cream……

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You can have mine Chris. Haven’t had one for years, but when I did I found they made me feel sick. I think it’s all the monosodium glutamate flavour enhancer in them. Used to take my daughter in for happy meals when she was young, and I’d have ice cream……
OH Cheers Tim i'll enjoy but never did pay full price for them as we always had vouchers for a complete meal for 1.99 if we dint get them then no way

• Sad
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Errrrm, JR....what part of the weeeeee sketch is that construction representing? I don't recognize it. Have you made unannounced changes to your building plan? :thinking:
Rick it's artistic licence, the sketch was the only thing that I drew as I was pondering.
Been busy to day gardening , and at home have removed a stump of a large bush.
Should get something done tomorrow.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I hang mine on a hook by the flimsy wire "stand".

I find it stops the cable dragging it all over and keeps the gun nozzle up, which prevents drips.

Might be worth a try John.

View attachment 482652
Thanks Andy , good idea .I'll see how mine compares as the stand is plastic.

Looking good Dude 2!!! I have taken your credit card and ordered 100 Big Mac menus with chips to keep this lot in check! It appears that none of the rabble get fed at home, so this build could get expensive for you Brother!!!...

Prost
Dude 1
Heavens forbid Dude1 . Worse than your kit buying expenses .;)

That's right Chris make you self sick then blame me :smiling3: . Any problems see Dude 1 !

Spot onTim, the police used to call MSG Chinese Fighting Powder for all the trouble it caused . Evil additive .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Artistic license indeed......and far removed from the original concept. Being as I'm open minded about such things, I'll try not to let my diasppointment show..... ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Spot onTim, the police used to call MSG Chinese Fighting Powder for all the trouble it caused . Evil additive .
I believe it’s basically all that is in soy sauce John, but I’m fine with that. On the other hand, it was our main ingredient for producing erwinase, used for treating childhood leukaemia, so it does have its uses.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I believe it’s basically all that is in soy sauce John, but I’m fine with that. On the other hand, it was our main ingredient for producing erwinase, used for treating childhood leukaemia, so it does have its uses.
You can buy packets of MSG in Chinese food shops Tim. Some people find that consuming MSG can trigger side effects and symptoms including headaches, sweating, rapid heartbeat, nausea and others.
At least as you say there are some very good uses for it .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Artistic license indeed......and far removed from the original concept. Being as I'm open minded about such things, I'll try not to let my diasppointment show..... ;)
So kind of you Rick . Suppose you expected disappearing buildings into the distance , dream on buddy , dream on . ;):nerd::upside:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Right , after several days doing 1/1 garden jobs I'm back for a rest !

Today managed the roofs and general set up .

Overall

2022.jpg

2022_3.jpg2022_2.jpg
Decision time, should this be in France ? or a street scene in a Polish industrial area. Definitely going to be German if so .

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry old lad, but it's France all the way. There are so many great old buildings to model from.
When I did my 1/72 French village, I really enjoyed making all those half timbered buildings with all that luurvely higgledy piggledy brickwork and render the French houses have.

Your choice 453.... ;)
It'll be great whatever you choose, but a Polish industrial area? Nah!

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Your call on this John, but there are lovely parts of old (Eastern) Europe that would suit this rather than an industrial area. The layout just doesn’t look industrial, it’s too compressed……could also be Italian of course……