• Cream Gloss

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

dougie

\ said:
Zero paints is hiroboy. I spoke to the owner today and hiroboy is the company that is jointly owned with zero paints under the same owner.
Very knowledgeable chap, I have me colour choices now so will be making an order when I get back from my holiday.
That's cool, I thought hiroboy was a distributor!

First Name
Marc
Hiroboy is a distributer, a separate company; zero paints is a separate company; both companies are owned by the same person though. So hiroboy is the retail arm for zero paints, along with models etc etc and other branded paints, and zero paints is a paint mixing business which operates through hiroboy to distribute its product.

Very good way of operating.

First Name
Marc
Haven't had much opportunity to do any more on the model. Apart from the matt coatING on the bulkhead inside and pedals. Work has gone bananas and I'm not going to get back on the kit until mid September now i might be able to do some small bit's and bobs loke hand brake and gear lever..

View attachment 117643

20150813_223439.jpg

D

dougie

\ said:
Haven't had much opportunity to do any more on the model. Apart from the matt coatING on the bulkhead inside and pedals. Work has gone bananas and I'm not going to get back on the kit until mid September now i might be able to do some small bit's and bobs loke hand brake and gear lever..
Snap, it's something to look forward to though mate

First Name
Marc
Ok been able to get about 2 hours tonight on the kit. I have cemented the seats in place, the handbrake, and painted and secured the gear lever and speakers. Now got to start on the dash, but can't do anything now until I get my special paint from zero paints. I have to somehow paint the dashboard in the colour of the body, and leave the chrome surround. One method I guess is masking off the surround which is going to be very fiddly, or strip the chrome all together and paint the dashboard, then use a chrome paint to do the surround detail. Any suggestions? I'm going to have to do a simular thing with the hubcaps too.

View attachment 118133

View attachment 118134

View attachment 118135

20150829_215228.jpg

20150829_215237.jpg

20150829_215350.jpg

D

dougie

Nice one, I was going to say strip the chrome but there is a lot. If you use a good primer maybe lacquer based or something you can do both without worrying about affecting it. Maybe alclad chrome will look better?

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This Merc is really coming together. This will ooze class once finished.

BTW, for me this Merc has to be silver!

Cheers

P

First Name
Marc
\ said:
This Merc is really coming together. This will ooze class once finished.
BTW, for me this Merc has to be silver!

Cheers

P
I understand your sentiment on the colour, but it's being painted the ltd edition metalic blue and light grey leather. I am replicating a car I found on the Internet you should be able to find pictures of the car in this thread

First Name
Marc
\ said:
Nice one, I was going to say strip the chrome but there is a lot. If you use a good primer maybe lacquer based or something you can do both without worrying about affecting it. Maybe alclad chrome will look better?
Yeah I heard that the a alclad chrome is lovley. I'm not sure at the moment how I'm going to do it.

First Name
Marc
Went to place my order for the one off special order blue from zero paints but they are on holiday. But I picked up September edition of model magazine to find the 300sl featured with some good articles on painting the dashboard and hubcaps.

Also on the article there is a company that is doing the knock-off wheels and luggage which would look awesome

View attachment 119328

View attachment 119329

View attachment 119330

20150912_171902.jpg

20150912_171917.jpg

20150912_171930.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dougie

\ said:
Went to place my order for the one off special order blue from zero paints but they are on holiday. But I picked up September edition of model magazine to find the 300sl featured with some good articles on painting the dashboard and hubcaps.
Also on the article there is a company that is doing the knock-off wheels and luggage which would look awesome
Did they strip the chrome and respray or did they go with the original chrome

First Name
Marc
Order placed for the special blue, some grey filler primer, white filler primer, 1K clear, full mircomesh kit and an additional 12000 grit mircomesh for fine polishing. Some airbrush cleaner and special thinners.

Will be starting on the dashboard as that needs to be body coloured and will start deepening the shut lines on the body I may even cut out the boot and add a hinge

D

dougie

Pretty much what I'm using. I hope you have extraction and a good A2 set of filters for your mask, your gonna need them but the results are worth it. I need to make a new spray booth as well.

Look forward to the bodywork getting done

D

dougie

\ said:
Yeah I have extraction hood. No mask tho
Get one mate, make sure it's an good one with an a2 filter as well, not a1... for extra filtration. I'm sure even with a1 and extraction I've sensitised myself a bit as I get instant sore throat with it now. Going to make a more powerful booth myself.