Tamiya Wespe 1/35 scale.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bleeding' Hell John, I had to put my body warmer on!! Suddenly got chilly in ere!!
Nice!! How are you on icicles? Nothing like a rat, no teeth and no twitching noses!!!
Well thanks Doug, icicles, mmm not tried those yet.Always a first time .

Hi john , the frost/ snow looks superb , bet that tank crew were wishing theyd got a roof on it now !
Cheers Tony, probably wishing they were at home as well .
Your usual excellent standard, John.
John.
Cheers my friend
That's looking fabulous, John!
I think you've made the right choice-any more and you'll lose the lovely variations in the colour of the sets
Thanks Neil, will leave it alone then .
I had to brush off some of the loose even after turning up side down and tapping .

That only leaves a final coat of mat to seal the surface and a coat of black on the box .

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looks awesome John I don’t think there would be Rats running around outside with all the action and noise going on away I wouldn’t sweat it. Care on Commander.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just the right amount of icing on the cake is say. Lovely.
Thanks Andy, always a problem knowing when enough vis enough.

Looks awesome John I don’t think there would be Rats running around outside with all the action and noise going on away I wouldn’t sweat it. Care on Commander.
Good point Lee, thanks .
Looks like just the right amount of snow John, marvelous work.

Andy.
Cheers Andy .

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
I just cannot get my head around the realism you and other diorama builders acheive, it boggles the mind as to how many different skills and techniques you have mastered to produce such perfection.
Kindly award yourself the dogs dangly bits gold plated and mounted on a scratch built plinth.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Now now Mr Race, your just showing off now :smiling: Great work mate.
Thanks Paul .
That dusting of snow is just right. As you say it's hard to know when to stop but I reckon what you have allows the quality of the dio build to show through.
Thanks Jim, mainly down to Neil suggesting that amount of snow was enough. Quite difficult to do a small amount as you say .

I just cannot get my head around the realism you and other diorama builders acheive, it boggles the mind as to how many different skills and techniques you have mastered to produce such perfection.
Kindly award yourself the dogs dangly bits gold plated and mounted on a scratch built plinth.
Very kind of you to say Stephan .

I second that. John it’s the Dogs liking that snow effects looks cold there.
Thanks buddy .

That looks superb John, nice subtle snow fall
Cheers Mick .

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
To day while sitting in the sunshine I used some VMS tarp paper and the liquid paper shaper.Used it before and is just the job, you can apparently use normal printer paper ,but not had to resort to that yet
First thing this morning was to glue the cases together. Once dry the paper was soaked in the solution and draped over the cases .
Using a brush and more liquid you wrangle the sheet, trying to get life like folds .
View attachment 481615View attachment 481613View attachment 481614
Once dry I'll brush paint the tarp .
Also did some chipping on the fuel drums, using Ak chipping .
Starting with the primer yesterday allowing to dry over night I applied a good coat of the chipping .Left it until it was dry and then brush painted the finished top coat.
With that dry and a bowl of clean water ready a small brush was soaked in the water .Repeated scrubbing , (not to hard as the paint was just dry) gave a reasonable worn look.
Next will be some thin lines where the barrel has been rolled and some staining around the top .View attachment 481625Thanks for looking in, off to do the tea .
John .
Those tarps on the wooden crates are looking fantastic John I’ve had much success with that product as well

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Let it Snow let it Snow let it Snow ,,,,,everything is looking fantastic

• Love

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Those tarps on the wooden crates are looking fantastic John I’ve had much success with that product as well
Let it Snow let it Snow let it Snow ,,,,,everything is looking fantastic
Good to see you Joe, yes It's a good product, nice when one matches the blurb.
Hope your well .