Tamiya Wespe 1/35 scale.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
For once a German Build, following my subject list . it was pointed out by Dude1 that this Tamiya woul be a lot easier as it has fewer parts .The bonus to me is the fact that I have a set of Fruils ready as well .

Two things have been very noticeable, the first is the plastic is harder , it cleans easily , just a scrape with the scalpel or a quick buff with a sanding stick .Easier to work with than Mini Art which I've found to be very soft .
The other was the lack of any flash and great detail .
One thing the pack of the inserts to one of the wheels was missing , soon found a replacement by using some plastic tube . Sanded it to shape by holding it in a drill .

So if you fancy joining the build please take a seat .
Dude 1 will be round at some point with some fine German beer and no doubt some Schnapps.Coffee ,tea and hobnobs also available.
Meanwhile a start has been made .

IMG_20230114_133251615.jpg
Not many parts , and a complete hull !
IMG_20230114_162448950.jpgIMG_20230114_162454625.jpgIMG_20230114_162459071.jpgIMG_20230114_162543470.jpg
Nice crisp mouldings IMG_20230114_162632393.jpg
IMG_20230114_171202663.jpg
Poly cap , unfortunately missing ,but fear not !

IMG_20230114_171608449.jpgIMG_20230114_171242761.jpgIMG_20230114_171212920.jpgIMG_20230114_171249361.jpgIMG_20230114_174421683.jpgIMG_20230114_174623822.jpg
Pleased with the start .
Thanks for looking in
John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Can't beat a Tamiya kit John...
... Miniart stuff is quite nice,but as you've noticed... It's much more complicated to shove together,and,a bit of a nuisance before you even get to that stage!! :sad:
... I reckon this might prove to be a new dawn at Race Towers !! ;)
Indeed Andy. Thanks for following .

Well I’m in on this one with an early seat John!

I’ll help keep an eye out for the rabble….that Allen is always chucking cakes about :smiling5:
Nice to have you on board Si. Due to increasing costs for cakes you might find he's more careful !

Cool idea John!
Thanks Andrew.
Just pulled up my seat John.
Welcome Ian .

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Dude 2, that was a quick start...I figured you would take a few days to celebrate recover from the box dio. Don't worry, I got you covered and you know I don't throw cakes around!!! There's one simple rule for serving beverages that will be obeyed though......

'Kein Bier vor Vier'

Prost
Dude 1

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I'm definitely in for this John. Do you have a dio idea in mind. It sounds as if this kit lives up to the Tamiya reputation.
As for Hobnobs, chocolate or otherwise, well I'm with Tim, shortbread all the way. I'll bring a big tin and we'll sit together and try not to drop crumbs. Don't want to upset Christine.

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
I have one of these in the stash with all the bells and whistles (Fruils, Aber etch, AM gun and mg barrels, replacement crew.), so will pop in from time to time to see what you're doing.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm in for this one John.
Thanks for joining Graeme.
I'm in, especially as there are Hobnobs and beer
I see, just here for the refreshments Mike.;)

OK, I'm in.......what's Hobnobs? :thinking:

Rick I don't suppose you in the colonies are lucky enough to have these yet ;):cool::nerd: Good to see you.

They keep telling me I'm a wannabee diabetic so sweet stuff is on the naughty list if OK with you ill sit at the back and sniff glue instead. Dave
Dave I've sent out for some pasties.

The best buscuit in the world. The only thing better are chocolate Hobnobs.

View attachment 471836
Very true .

Nice start John. You will enjoy this I think. Tamiya’s reputation is not undeserved.
Hi Tim, seems that way so far.

Wow Dude 2, that was a quick start...I figured you would take a few days to celebrate recover from the box dio. Don't worry, I got you covered and you know I don't throw cakes around!!! There's one simple rule for serving beverages that will be obeyed though......

'Kein Bier vor Vier'

Prost
Dude 1
Brother at 75 I can't afford to hang about!!

I'm definitely in for this John. Do you have a dio idea in mind. It sounds as if this kit lives up to the Tamiya reputation.
As for Hobnobs, chocolate or otherwise, well I'm with Tim, shortbread all the way. I'll bring a big tin and we'll sit together and try not to drop crumbs. Don't want to upset Christine.
A very wise decision indeed Jim. Thinking water, ice half in

Great start John, be is it going to be in a dio?
Of course Neil, don't think I could just rely on a build .

Sitting in if I may John; this is a lovely little kit - I've built several - and its size makes for an easy addition to potential dioramas!
Steve
Right, thanks for that Steve if I get stuck ! Grab a seat ,hobnobs to the left and Shortbread loverts to the right.

I have one of these in the stash with all the bells and whistles (Fruils, Aber etch, AM gun and mg barrels, replacement crew.), so will pop in from time to time to see what you're doing.
More than welcome Karl, the only add on I have is Fruils. Have a good choice for other figures to match up.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening, don't like this blast of cold . Been doing 1/1 jobs so a bit behind build wise.

Have managed some more yesterday and today. Taking my time on this .

2022.jpg
pleased with having a tub, makes life so much easier.

2022_2.jpg
Managed one sine last night and the other to night.

2022_3.jpg
leaving this over night and this.

2022_4.jpg
Thanks for looking in and the comments.

John.