The Happy Hunter

S

Sky Raider

Well guys, i cleaned up the workshop and sat about for a few days and twiddled my thumbes but i couldnt resist. I was like a dog without a bone.

So for your next entertainment and pleasure here we go with the Happy Hunter. A step by step build as usual.

First to be completed is the stand, and you will see the hull in its raw state ready to be trimmed.

View attachment 53429View attachment 53430View attachment 53431View attachment 53432

And a Picture of Plan 1 what we will be working from for a while.

View attachment 53433

Hope you all enjoy this build as much as the last, Something different and somthing for the boat guys.

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 55762

View attachment 55763

View attachment 55764

View attachment 55765

View attachment 55766

Stand.jpg

Hull Raw (1).jpg

Hull Raw (2).jpg

Hull Raw.jpg

Plan 1.jpg

T

tommy1drop

Hi Andy

Interesting subject, chair pulled up and looking forward to following your build mate.

Tom

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I feel another masterpiece in the making andy, looking forward to this, (even though i have no idea about boats whatsoever!!) cheers tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I was thinking the same Tony, looking forward watching this come together.

Have fun, John

First Name
Chris
I've only seen you build the Old Dutch so am very much looking forward to seeing what you can do in your favoured subject. Looking good!

Regards

Chris

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well,well,well Andy. Here we go again!

Like everyone else I'm looking forward to this one,though I know even less about boats than WW1 aeroplanes :smiling3:

Best of luck with the build.

Cheers

Steve

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
I feel another masterpiece in the making andy, looking forward to this, (even though i have no idea about boats whatsoever!!) cheers tony
Thanks Tony, i think we will both learn from this one then, all i know about boats is they float on water lol

Andy

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
I've only seen you build the Old Dutch so am very much looking forward to seeing what you can do in your favoured subject. Looking good!Regards

Chris
Thanks Chris, if you check on here you will find my previous builds, they are in underconstruction. The P47 Thunderbolt, The B25 Mitchell and a few ARTFs i did. Should provide you with hours of reading though.

Cheers

Andy

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Well,well,well Andy. Here we go again!Like everyone else I'm looking forward to this one,though I know even less about boats than WW1 aeroplanes :smiling3:

Best of luck with the build.

Cheers

Steve
Thanks Steve, i may convert a few on here. Unlike the planes i built these work out considerably cheaper and are easier to control, You cant crash one of these and write it off and if you want to take a break while using it, just let it float there.

This model is quite an indepth project and i have spared no expense on this one. You will see everything go into the build including the following:

All working lights that select each mode of the boats operation

Sound system imitating diesel engines, horns, bells and a few other things

Working crane

Working Radars

Operational Anchors

Search Lights

And a few other bits.

All in all it should be quite a detailed thread not only showing the normal build but also wiring looms and electrical installations. I will even take a stab at weathering this beauty.

Cheers

Andy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Andy, I well remember us talking about the 'Happy Hunter' over a coffee at Cosford last year.....You had a bit of a buzz on then, so it's great to see you starting the build and I'm sat on the front row and nothin' is going to budge me!

Best of luck with it,

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking forward to this. I was going to buy one before it was pulled by the makers.

Its a great kit and I am sure that you will bring your whole game when you get started on her.

Ian M

F

Fenlander

Just love the diversity on this forum. Looking forward to seeing this come together.

C

CDW

\ said:
I'm sat on the front row and nothin' is going to budge me!
just shift over a little bit ....... I've got popcorn and coffee :smiling3:

come on then Andy .... let the show begin :smiling3:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Looking forward to seein another of your masterpieces coming alive will be with you all the way buddy

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Andy, I well remember us talking about the 'Happy Hunter' over a coffee at Cosford last year.....You had a bit of a buzz on then, so it's great to see you starting the build and I'm sat on the front row and nothin' is going to budge me!Best of luck with it,

Ron
Thanks ron, its good to finaly get this one under way. It seems like years since we had that chat.

Good to have you with me on this one.

Andy

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Looking forward to this. I was going to buy one before it was pulled by the makers. Its a great kit and I am sure that you will bring your whole game when you get started on her.

Ian M
Ill hold no punches on this one Ian. Im here to enjoy and entertain. Hope you all will like it.

Cheers

Andy

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Just love the diversity on this forum. Looking forward to seeing this come together.
Glad you are with me on this one Graham. Its been a while since ive seen you around until the last few days. Ive always admired your work and your input. I do feel sometimes that im a fish out of water on here due to the scale difference.

Cheers

Andy

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
just shift over a little bit ....... I've got popcorn and coffee :smiling3: come on then Andy .... let the show begin :smiling3:
No fighting you lot. You will all find your names on the back of the seats. Ive reserved them all for my pals.

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Thats what you call a kit Papa. Lets get to is mate.

Cheers

Andy