The vengeance of Smaug

P

Polux

Thank's for your nice comments Patrick and Ian!!

Probably the base will be major, my intention is to create the whole "gangplank" (like draw) of wood!!! Buy barrels of wood, I have also complements of fishing and other objects to create a port effect...

Even I have not begun and believe that it can be a very nice diorama, I'm so happy with the idea that have in mind.

Cheers

Polux

C

CDW

Thats a nice looking Dragon, a very good representation of Smaug.

I think the base will look stunning if you keep with the idea you have at the moment.

Plenty of room for your imagination to go wild Polux :smiling3:

P

Polux

Hi to All!!

I have made this gangplank of wood (it is average done, more wood is absent and the weathering), like in the drawing. In her there will be details as the barrels (rum …), a few supports of wood with ropes, networks of going fishing, is even an anchor. The great challenge is to make a small boat of wood for the lake!!! I wait to be able with it ….

I like the diorama so much, though reduced, action is breathed!!!

The black arrow will furrow the skies to reach to the dragoon ….

What will be happen?

Thanks for looking

Regards

Polux

Ps: I love the fifth pic!! :winkingshades:

View attachment 45433View attachment 45434View attachment 45435View attachment 45436View attachment 45437View attachment 45438View attachment 45439

View attachment 48521

View attachment 48522

View attachment 48523

View attachment 48524

View attachment 48525

View attachment 48526

View attachment 48527

P1010128.jpg

P1010129.jpg

P1010130.jpg

P1010131.jpg

P1010132.jpg

P1010133.jpg

P1010134.jpg

B

Boldman

5 and 6 look pretty good - I'm really looking forward to this!

P

Polux

Thanks Andrew & Ole!!

At the moment I really enjoy doing it!!

Ps: May I ask... There's any Samurais, viking or medieval soldiers on scale 1/35??? Only WWII?? lIt could be so preatty work a castle, o a war diorama with "Battering-rams and blunderbusses".(are these names Ok?)

Pardon, I leave me to go...

Cheers

Polux

P

Polux

Hi to All!!

Just a few updates of this litlle dio!!!

I believe that with a good painting of weathering in the wood this diorama can turn out to be very nice!!

I'm preparing the detail of the chains and the barrels, an anchor and nets of fishing also!!!

My failure with the resin gives me doubts if to put a water block or to do the blue fund and to cover with silicone .... The time will say!!!

Thanks for looking!!!

Polux

View attachment 46296View attachment 46297

View attachment 49330

View attachment 49331

samug1.jpg

smaug2.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Polux i think with the base just some clear bathroom sealant should do for the water effect. Just spread it on with a spatular or stick in a ripple effect over the painted base in the water colour you want, then when dry should look ok . By the way looking good

C

CDW

Coming along nicely Polux.... i'd go for the clear sealant too ... or even painting some wood glue (PVA) with a little colour in it might work in this dio.

P

Polux

Hi guys!!!

I will do the sea like you say, thanks!!! Is the best option!!!

And now you have a new pics, Smaug have been masked and primed, and have the first red coat too!!!

The "platform of the maritime port" (what is the exactly name???) is already painted with weathering and prepared to "sink" in the water.... I like so much the old color in general, now fails to arrange a bit all the complements.

Thanks for looking

Have fun

Polux

View attachment 46692View attachment 46693View attachment 46694View attachment 46695View attachment 46696View attachment 46697View attachment 46698View attachment 46699View attachment 46700

View attachment 49690

View attachment 49691

View attachment 49692

View attachment 49693

View attachment 49694

View attachment 49695

View attachment 49696

View attachment 49697

View attachment 49698

P1010012.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010015.jpg

P1010016.jpg

P1010017.jpg

P1010018.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010020.jpg

B

Boldman

Its coming together nicely, love those barrels and you've even got a BUCKET!!! :smiling3:

C

CDW

Looking good Polux

Are the barrels the Games workshop type ?? ... they look nice and authentic and go well in this diorama :smiling3:

you could call it a "Quay", "Dock" or "Gantry" i suppose :smiling3:

P

Polux

Thanks mates!!

Nice comments!!

The barrels are from a company of complements for ships of wood (miniatures). They were (see photos) of natural wood, and I have painted them with a Brown wash. And later with oil of linseed, a natural protector for wood.

And thank you very much for your translation, Colin, my vocabulary is very limited!!!

Best regards

Polux

P

Polux

Thanks mates!!

Nice comments!!

The barrels are from a company of complements for ships of wood (miniatures). They were (see photos) of natural wood, and I have painted them with a Brown wash. And later with oil of linseed, a natural protector for wood.

And thank you very much for your translation, Colin, my vocabulary is very limited!!!

:graduate:

Best regards

Polux

P

Polux

I'm here again!!!

Well.... with the permision of Sir Tolkien and Peter Jackson..... I do my own version....

At first excuses to all fans of Tolkien. :please:

I do a mix of the City of the Lake and the Ruins of Osgiliath.

But I like the result guys!!! Imagine water, ruins fulled of plants and flowers and the stone kings looking this great moment... the last arrow will kill the dragon...?

Hope you like it! And sorry again for this "new" version

Polux

View attachment 53713View attachment 53714View attachment 53715View attachment 53716View attachment 53717

View attachment 56004

View attachment 56005

View attachment 56006

View attachment 56007

View attachment 56008

smaug.jpg

smaug1.jpg

smaug2.jpg

smaug3.jpg

smaug4.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks wonderful. Tell us about the ruin. is it a kit or did you scratch build it.

I like Dragons.

Ian M

C

CDW

There's nothing wrong with improvising on an original story line Polux.

All the Tolkien fans should embrace any variations on the theme :smiling3:

This is very well done, the painting is really complimentary to the subjects and the scenery certainly looks the part.

***** for you my friend.

B

Boldman

Nice to see this old friend again - the latest additions look excellent, really giving it some character and atmosphere!